The best part about getting dual-zone air conditioner systems is the ability to connect two indoor heads with only one generator. That means you can cool two rooms with a single machine made of multiple units.
Like regular machines, these units also offer effective cooling as the machine has double the capacity of a single-zone split ac unit. The dual-zone ductless split units are ideal for those who do not have enough space.
- BTU(Capacity): While buying, always check the BTU rating of the model. The higher BTU, the better the cooling capacity of the ac dual unit. But, the BTU should be chosen according to the room size. If the machine has a higher BTU for a smaller room, it will cool faster without dehumidifying. On the contrary, the ac unit with less BTU will not offer optimal cooling. While buying, try to get a dual zone plot ac with a capacity of at least 1000 BTU for effectively cooling two rooms at once. As you already know, you must decide on the BTU of the dual-zone split according to the room size.
- Range: Not only the BTU rating, you also need to check the range of the ac units. You will never get the desired cooling if you buy a lower-range unit for a larger room. Choosing the optimal range according to the room sizes helps you a lot.
- SEER: SEER, or energy efficiency, is another crucial point for dual zone split unit ac models. Since you need the AC to keep your home comfortable during the scorching summer, you must keep your carbon footprints and energy consumption low. Hence, invest o a model that does not consume much energy and keeps your bills shorter.
Not just that, you also need to check out other factors, including the features and performance of the dual-zone split ac models, before choosing one model. Here, you will get detailed information on the top dual-zone split ac models you can invest in for effective home cooling. Furthermore, we have also offered a clear “Buying Guide” to help you choose better.
Best Dual Zone Mini Split Chart
|best dual zone mini split||BTU (Capacity)||Range||SEER||Buy Now|
|Senville Dual Zone Mini Split||18,000 BTU||600 – 1,000 sq ft||22.5||Check On Amazon|
|Pioneer Dual Zone Mini Split||900 BTU||300 – 500 sq ft||21.3||Check On Amazon|
|Cooper & Hunter Dual Zone Mini Split||24,000 BTU||800 – 1,300 sq ft||21.3||Check On Amazon|
|Gree Dual Zone Mini Split||18,000 BTU||600 – 1,000 sq ft||22||Check On Amazon|
|MRCOOL Dual Zone Mini Split||18,000 BTU||600 – 1,000 sq ft||21||Check On Amazon|
|MAXWELL Dual Zone Mini Split||12,000 BTU +12,000 BTU||up to 98-1/2 ft||17||Check On Amazon|
Best Dual Zone Mini Split 2023 Reviews
1. Senville Dual Zone Mini Split
Senville is known to be one of the best air conditioner and mini-split heat pump manufacturers worldwide. Hence, this model from Senville is going to be an excellent investment. If you want to buy dual-zone split units for medium-sized rooms, go for it.
The SENA Split AC unit has a BTU of 18000 units. Hence, the machine is enough for rooms ranging from 600 to 1000 sq ft in size.
The best part about this machine is its pocket-friendly price and high range feature. It has an impressive SEER rating of 19, making it a decent investment for office and home use. The machine can even cut down your electricity bill by 40% while working in full swing.
The HSPF rating ranges from 10.0/to 8.0, which is quite good. This model from Senville is a dual-split machine that does not burn a hole in your pocket but gives reliable cooling and temperature control with a high energy efficiency rating.
Senville offers free installation for the model. The package includes two indoor units, one outdoor condenser, a 16 ft line set, a communication wire, and a basic installation kit.
- Arctic heat pump for temperature control even during extremely cold weather.
- Remote accessibility through ALEXA using your voice command or app
- Comfortable cooling without any uncomfortable noise disturbing you.
- Unique leak detection mechanism that detects any leakage and prevents unwanted issues.
- Five years warranty of parts placement and ten years warranty on compressor
- Great performance on an affordable budget
- High SEER rating(saves more than 30% of energy consumption)
- Ideal for both office and home usage
- Soundless cooling
- The company offers free installation
- Great warranty coverage
- The plastic present in the interior of the ac units and not of premium quality
- The machine can make a cracking sound while heating.
2. Pioneer Dual Zone Mini Split
Pioneer is one of the most prominent companies that has introduced modern technology for better energy saving in their air conditioning machines.
With this dual-unit machine, you can always cool two rooms at once. It has 900 BTU/hr, which is ideal for smaller rooms. The company mentions the range as 300-500 sq ft. That means it is a good choice for small homes and apartments.
One of the best parts about this pioneer dual zone AC is its SEER Rating of 21.3 and 11.2 HSPF. It offers optimal temperature control throughout the year, regardless of climate and season.
- Comes with seven different cooling modes, which you can choose according to the season, and climate
- The machine offers noiseless cooling with a loudness of only 21.5 dB.
- Freeze protection function while you are away for a long time
- Sleep mode to automatically adjust the temperature during the night
- Cleaning and follow-me modes
- Five years of warranty
- Noiseless cooling
- Multiple cooling modes
- Intelligent functions like sleep mode, anti-freezing mode
- The compressor warranty could be better.
3. Cooper & Hunter Dual Zone Mini Split
Cooper and Hunter Co. has been manufacturing premium quality air conditioners since 1996. The brand always delivers in case of performance and consumer service.
The Cooper Hunter Ductless Split Conditioner is a multi-unit AC cum heating system from their Sophia Series. Even though it is a bit overpriced, its high BTU rating of 24000 and high range makes it a great choice for those who need to control the temperature of larger rooms of 800-1300 sq. ft.
Furthermore, it has an impressive SEER rating of 21.3, which minimizes unnecessary energy consumption. On top of that, the HSPF rating of 10 increases energy saving while offering better heating.
- Comes with four different cooling and heating modes
- Auto shut-off feature to prevent unnecessary energy consumption
- Cones with intelligent self-diagnosis mechanism to troubleshoot minor issues
- Makes less noise during cooling or heating
- Has a five-year parts replacement warranty and seven years compressor warranty
- Good warranty clause
- Noiseless cooling
- Highly energy efficient
- The price is on the higher side
- Not enough operating modes are available
4. Gree Dual Zone Mini Split
Gree, the China-based appliance brand, has become one of the leading air conditioner makers in the past few decades. The brand is also the largest residential air conditioner manufacturer in the world.
Their multi-unit split ac units come in two options- two units of 9k and two units of 6k,12k. Whichever variant you choose, you will always get noiseless cooling. With a BTU rating of 18000, it can effectively cool or heat rooms ranging from 600 to 1000 sq ft. Another benefit of this Gree multi-unit ac is its higher SEER rating of 22, for less energy consumption.
It has an inverter-driven compressor with an eco-safe R410A refrigerant agent. Hence, the single machine can cool and heat two areas without any distribution box. It is also able to maintain a steady temperature for a long time.
On top of that, it comes with smart connectivity and intelligent features that make it ideal for home and office usage.
- G10 inverter technology that reduces energy wastage and offers noiseless cooling
- Compact design that is aesthetically pleasing and offers remote access through built-in smartphone Wi-Fi. Alexa.
- Smart connectivity features
- Great performance throughout the season
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Great consumer service
- It is quite expensive
- The model is often not easily availed
5. MRCOOL Dual Zone Mini Split
Mr. Cool., The Kentucky, US-based company has been making some energy-efficient ac units within a pocket-friendly budget. The brand makes single-unit and multi-unit machines that you can use for your home and your office.
Its ductless multi-zone ac system can effectively cool two rooms of 600-1000 sq. ft area each. It also has an impressive SEER rating of 21 and an HRSF rating of 10 to offer better heating during extremely cold temperatures.
The model has a modern look and comes with smartphone integration while offering steady performance.
- Fourth-generation ductless heat pump for faster and energy-efficient heating of two rooms at once
- Wi-Fi compatible design to control the cooling and heating
- Alexa-enabled remote access
- DIY installation with QUICK Connect line sets
- DIY installation feature
- Modern design
- Multiple cooling models are available
- Good SEER rating
- Seven-year warranty on the compressor and five years on the parts
- The ac is quite expensive.
6. MAXWELL Dual Zone Mini Split
The last model in this list is the Daikin 2-zone split AC from Maxwell.
This brand is highly popular throughout the US and other parts of the world due to its high-performance AC models. This model is no exception, with a BTU rating of 12000, a SEER rating of 17, and an HSPF rating of 9. This machine can easily cool medium-sized rooms at the same time.
Both units have a BTU rating of 12000 to ensure each room gets optimal cooling and heating. It is ideal for primary living areas like bedrooms, basements, garages, or attics. On top of that, you can also use it for business purposes if you have a small office.
- Higher SEER and HSPF ratings for energy saving
- Blue fin protection and anti-corrosion treatment to prevent internal and coil damage
- Multiple cooling modes
- 12 years of warranty on the pastry and six years of warranty on the compressor
- Great warranty feature
- All aluminum evaporator coils for a durable machine
- Innovative and modern inverter technology for energy-saving cooling
- The ac handler cabinet may need more insulation
- The zone board re not made by Daikin Maxwell
Buying Guide for Dual Zone Split AC
Most homes and offices, AC units are common. Dual-zone AC units are slowly gaining popularity because they allow you to cool or heat two rooms simultaneously without installing two compressor units. With so many options around, choosing the right model is quite difficult.
You need a sustainable AC unit that saves energy while keeping the temperature comfortable. Here is a compact buying guide that can be a little helpful-
BTU, or British Thermal Units, denotes the cooling capacity of the machine. In other words, BTU refers to the amount of heat removed by the ac unit from the air inside your home for a set period. Mostly, in modern AC units, BTU is calculated per hour.
As mentioned, you need to look for the minimum BTU rating of 12000 per hour for dual-zone AC models. The higher BTU rating denotes that the machine can heat or cool a larger area faster.
While buying, it is better to invest in a dual-zone ac model that has indoor units of the same BTU capacity. It will help you effectively get optimal cooling or heating in the two rooms.
The BTU is directly linked to the range of the AC units. The range refers to the area where the ac unit can cool or heat. Often higher BTU denotes a higher range. On top of that, the range is also linked with the tonnage of the AC unit. Dual Zone ac units with higher tonnage are usually ideal for larger rooms.
Besides the BTU unit, the range of the AC is also important. If you buy an AC with a higher range for a smaller room, the cooling will be faster, but there will not be any dehumidification. On the contrary, if AC units of the smaller range are installed in a larger room. There will not be optimal cooling.
Here is a comparative chart for you:
|BTU/hr||Tonnage of AC||Range/Area(sq ft)|
SEER, or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, is a rating that defines the cooling capacity of the air conditioner. The SEER is obtained by dividing the BTU by the watt used in the AC machine. At present, the SEER rating should be a minimum of 14.
Most dual-zone ac units have a SEER rating of more than 15. Advanced models can have a higher rating of 21, 22, or even 24.
Higher SEER ratings denote that the AC unit you are using will consume led energy and offer sustainable cooling or heating, depending on the climate or weather. On top of that, such high-rated machines also make less noise while working.
HSPF, or Heating Seasonal Performance Factor, refers to the heating efficiency rating for the ac units. A higher HSPF rating means the machine has a better heat pump that offers optimal heating, even during sub-zero temperatures.
Experts recommend that you buy dual-zone ac models with an HSPF rating of at least 8. Those ac units with an HSPF rating of more than 8.2 come with an energy star rating. The ac units with the HSPF rating of 10 have the highest energy rating.
Warranty is another crucial factor when choosing the dual Zone AC models. Since you are spending a good amount, always go for a brand that offers better warranty coverage.
The best option is to get an AC unit with both a compressor warranty and a parts warranty.
On top of that, also consider the warranty duration. Longer warranty duration often denotes that the company puts its faith in the machine’s longevity and also offers you peace of mind to some extent.
Dual Zone Mini Split FAQS
Ans: The average lifespan of Mini split AC units ranges from 10 to 15 years. If you purchase a reputed model and maintain the machine with proper care, it will last longer and offer the same efficiency throughout its lifespan.
Ans: No. Instead, eth mini splits often increase the property value. It conserves and improves different features of your home, including wallpapers, paintings and furniture, and other things that require temperature control.
Ans: Installation of each mini split unit can cost from $1000 to $2000. It happens because the labor and equipment charge doubles. On top of that, you may also need to purchase extra parts or equipment. Hence, the increased cost.
Ans: Yes, you can cool a house with a ductless mini-split air conditioner. You need to properly connect multiple split units for each room with the condenser to create a network for effective cooling.
If you are not ready to install two different AC units for two rooms, it is time to get a dual Zone AC unit with two interior split units ad a larger condenser exterior unit. With such a network of AC, you can effectively cook or heat the two rooms at once. You must be careful when choosing Dual-zone ac models by checking the BTU rating, range, SEER, and HSPF rating. We have created a list of top dual zone ac models keeping the requirements in mind.
- For budget buyers, the Senville dual zone Mini Split is ideal. It costs less and offers better cooling for two rooms.
- For those who have medium size rooms, Senvile or GREE, or MAXWELL models can be a great option.
- For those buyers who are eager to invest in premium models, Maxwell, GREE or Senville can be an option.