One of the best ways to bring a family together after a long time is the television. From watching any TV show or any movie, or a high-intense match, the home stereo system can be a fun addition to your family activity.
The online sites and markets are flooded with several variations in the Home Stereo. They might differ in expensive and very affordable options that can fit in your room easily and comfortably. To make things a little easier for you, we have listed some factors that will help you choose the best home stereo system for you.
- Components of Home Stereo System: There are several components that make a home stereo system like the A/V Receiver, Television, Speaker and Subwoofers, and Screen and Projector is optional.
- Room Size: Any home stereo system should be according to the size of the room that you are placing it in. For any audio output device, it should be according to the room so that the sound is not too loud or too low. The perfect room size should be 6m long and 4.5 m wide.
- Kinds of Speakers: There are three different kinds of speakers which have their own characteristics. The bookshelf speakers are compact in size while the floor-standing speakers are the ones that stand on the floor. The last kind is the in-wall and in-ceiling speakers, which can be mounted. More details on each type is given later.
More details on the factors to consider are listed in the “Buying Guide” given later in the article. We have listed the premium home stereo system with their best features, advantages and disadvantages. Read on to know all about them.
Best Home Stereo System Index
Best Home Stereo System Reviews
The music system also enables the user to connect via bluetooth and stream music through different music applications on your Apple or Android phone. This system is capable of holding up to 5 discs and is accompanied with a remote control for easy toggling. There is also a headphone output which lets any user enjoy music without disturbing others.
This device has 40 preset channels for the AM/FM tuner. This system also has audio in-line connections and USB output.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, USB, NFC
- Speaker Type: Stereo
- Power: 70 W
- Compatible with all CD formats.
- 40 preset channels for easy usage.
- Easy remote control.
- Can be paired through Bluetooth.
- Some people had problems with the packaging.
This audio system allows the user to connect any device through the Bluetooth and enjoy your favourite music or amazing audio for sports or movies. The material is robust and the device is energy-efficient.
This system features a double amplifier that reduces the inter-modulation between the tweeter and woofer to enhance the audio quality. Along with the transducer, it can produce powerful and deep bassy sound. The Max sound technology offers instant boost to maximise volume to enhance listening experience. With the electric circuit, it produces sound without any distortion.
The audio-in connectivity can play music from your favourite device. It also has preset stations for manually tuning frequency and ease of use.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, USB
- Speaker Type: Stereo
- Power: 230 W
- Robust build.
- Dual amplifier with woofer and tweeter.
- Preset stations.
- Not suitable for TV audio.
It also comes with a digital FM/AM stereo receiver that has a wide range of frequency. This system also supports GAP, GAVDP, AVRCP, and A2DP. It is compatible with CD-RW/R. Also, it features a clock with a sleep timer. There is also a remote control and an included battery.
The black colour helps the device to fit in all kinds of room decors. The lightweight design allows you to change spaces easily.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth
- Speaker Type: Stereo
- Power: 2 X 2 W
- CD player with enabled Bluetooth connectivity.
- Clock with a sleep timer.
- FM/ AM stereo.
- Battery included in the pack.
- People complained about the small-sized remote.
Sony has proven time and again to come with their best foot when talking about music appliances. With this home audio system, they have scrapped the need for wires. This is enabled with wireless NFC Bluetooth connectivity that enables you to enjoy your favourite music without any hassle.
With the bluetooth connectivity, this system is also compatible with CD format. This system comes in a classic design which fits well with all kinds of existing decor in the room. It is packed with 50 watts power RMS. The S-master amplifier can drive bass 2-way reflex speakers easily.
AAC and apt-X support powerful Bluetooth connection with all devices. The NFC pairing is made convenient with a one-touch listening feature.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, NFC
- Speaker Type: Home Audio System
- Power: 50 W
- S-master amplifier.
- 2-way reflex speakers.
- 50 watts powered RMS.
- AAC and apt-X for enhanced connectivity.
- Some users felt that the design was not up to the mark.
This music system has an innovative and contemporary look with critically acclaimed performance in a compact size. The compact size enables it to fit anywhere in the house. The versatile control system allows the user to control the CD music functions, clock settings, station selection and volume through the remote control. Additionally, the top touch ease enables the user to turn an alarm on or off when you wake up. The dual independent alarms can work well for two people also.
It is paired with a CD player and an AM/FM tuner. It can also be connected via Bluetooth if the user wants.
- Connectivity: CD/ MP3 CD player, advanced AM/ FM tuner
- Speaker Type: Stereo
- Power: 60 W
- Innovative design.
- Compact structure.
- Top touch for easy access.
- Dual independent alarm feature.
- It is on the expensive side of things.
This is a powerful home system which can deliver thunderous and pumping low-end bass with the dynamic 15-inch woofer speaker. When you slide the throttle forward, the sound amplifies with a great Light display. Moreover, the karaoke feature is modified with voice filters that can change voice for additional fun. The Crossfader enables the user to mix songs effortlessly and lets you be your own DJ.
The double USB unit lets you connect multiple devices at the same time. The package comes with an instruction guide for easy and seamless installation.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Aux, USB, FM
- Speaker Type: Stereo
- Power: 5000 W
- 5000 watts audio performer.
- LED lights display.
- Karaoke creator featured.
- Double unit USB connectivity.
- No help from the company when the product malfunctioned for some users.
Things To Consider When Buying a Home Stereo System
Choosing the best home stereo system from the great amount of options might not be as easy as it seems. In the following section we have listed a well-defined guide and discussed the important factors to consider in detail.
1. Parts of The Home Stereo System
The first thing that anyone should consider while selecting a stereo system are the parts of the stereo system. We have listed and discussed the necessary parts of the stereo system.
- A/V Receiver: This is the heart of the whole stereo unit. It helps to process, amplify and transmit the sound and guide it to the speakers. The receivers have an in-built decoder that translates the sound inputs into surround sound.
- Television: This is the focal point of the whole system. This acts as a projector and gives the perfect immersive sound experience. Sometimes, the curved television provides a better experience than the usual ones.
- Speakers and Subwoofers: They look after the sound output part of the stereo system. Speakers are responsible for delivering a wide range of frequencies while the subwoofers deliver the bass effect to enhance the audio quality during any match or movie. These components should depend on the room size, budget and requirements.
- Screen and Projector: These are optional components of the home stereo system which acts as an alternate option to the television. They help in achieving a great cinematic viewing experience.
2. Room Size
All the home stereo systems should be in accordance to the size of the room, style and design preferences. There are several size speakers that might or might not suit the decortive perspective of the room. It will also influence the selection of your receiver.
3. Kinds of Speakers
The speakers come in varied shapes and sizes that enable the buyer to mix and match between different models between the rooms.
- Bookshelf Speakers: These are the compact options that are suitable for handling the intermediate and high frequencies. They have the option to be mounted on the wall.
- Floor-Standing Speakers: They come in several sizes and are capable of handling several sizes.
- In-ceiling and In-wall Speakers: they can be mounted in the ceiling or the wall of the room which enables a pared-back and sleek look.
4. A-la Carte or Buffet
Home Stereo System should depend on the size of the room, budget among several other features. Your room might not have enough space to incorporate the rear speakers, where the in-ceiling or in-wall speakers can be a good alternative. For the a-la carte way, you can pick and choose among the several pieces and can combine components that deliver the best audio and the best aesthetics for the room.
5. Easy Installation
Setting up any electronic appliance can be very tiring and time-consuming. The key to look out for all the electronic devices are that they are easy to install and the Home Stereo System comes with all the extra hardware that is needed for the proper installation. In simple words, the installation process for the Home Stereo System should not cause much of a hassle or mess for anyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Some of the eminent things to consider before buying a home stereo system are listed below:
* Installation of a Television.
* Measuring your room size and getting the appliances according to it.
* Getting the appropriate streaming applications.
* Easy installation.
* Number of Speakers.
Ans: The central channel speaker is the most important one in case of a home stereo system as it is responsible for more sound than all the other speakers combined. Also, it is responsible for the dialogue of the movies and commentary of the matches.
Ans: The three major components of any home stereo system are:
* Video Source
* TV screen and projector
Ans: The ideal wattage required for any Home Stereo system is 125 watts. This will be perfect for all the channels.
With this guide at your disposal, choosing the best home stereo system will be like a walk in the park. We have listed all the criteria that you need to know for buying the best home stereo system. Therefore, you just need to apply these considerations when buying the faucet. If you still have doubts, you can write to us in the comments section below.
- If you are here for the recommendations, we have listed the top three favourites from the list. The first recommendation is Sharp Home Stereo System. It is compatible with all the CD formats and has 40 presets channels for convenient use.
- The second suggestion from the list is PHILIPS Home Stereo System. It has a robust build and features a dual amplifier paired with tweeter and woofer.
- The third and final addition to the recommendation list is Jensen Home Stereo System. It is a CD player that also supports Bluetooth connectivity. It also features a clock with a sleep timer.