There is almost every facility available inside a standard RV that you would find in your home, making it nothing short of an ideal house, outdoors. Almost all RV owners install multiple entertainment accessories inside their RVs so that the entertainment does not stop when they are out on a long trip. And with a satellite connection or commonly available internet connection, it is pretty easy to stream content directly. But an RV is definitely a lot smaller than the living room of your house. And if more than 2 people were to gather around in an RV, it can get pretty crowded inside. So, a lot of RV owners decide to get a screen room for their RVs. Here’s what you need to know about a screen room for RV before you make a choice.
- Size: The most important reason to get an external screen room for an RV is to get some extra spade outside your RV. But, it is not possible if the RV screen room you are buying is too small. Apart from that, the size of the screen room for RV also affects the compatibility of the unit with your RV awning. You will have to go with an option that is compatible with your RVs awning coverage area.
- Material: Just like an RV awning, the material used for the construction of an RV screen room also matters a lot and affects the reliability of the product. In this case, you will have to check the quality of the material used for the construction of the screen room and see if it offers suitable resistance to environmental problems or not. Also, make sure that it has UV rays protection, and it does not trap heat in summer.
- Additional Accessories: Almost screen rooms for RV feature a zipper to open or close the screen room. While it does offer a good amount of protection, it can get quite tedious to operate the zipper every time you wish to set up the screen room. So, you should look for an option that comes with a magnetic door instead of a zipper. Apart from that, there are many other accessories that you will find helpful in routine use.
An RV screen room is a simple extension of your RVs space offered with the help of a durable fabric that wraps around all sides of your sitting area. A lot of these RV screen rooms feature doors and windows so that you won’t have any problem moving in and out of these rooms. Having an RV screen room certainly feels like extending your RV so that you can get some extra space. But before you buy an option, through our “Buying Guide” for the best screen room for an RV before you make sure you check out our top picks for the best screen rooms to get an idea about the best options available on the market.
Best Screen Room For RV Table
Best Screen Room For RV Review
1. ARB RV Screen Room
ARB is one of the most popular brands on the market right now for a wide range of vehicle accessories. While the ARB RV accessories are quite popular, you will also find reliable options for a variety of 4×4 accessories.
The ARB 813208A Awning Room Accessory is the highest-selling RV screen room on our list right now because of its wide compatibility. The main reason behind that is the fact that the ARB 813208A Awning Room Accessory is not only designed for RVs. Since this is a standalone awning room, you can use it with any type of vehicle.
In terms of quality, the ARB 813208A Awning Room Accessory certainly does not disappoint. It is made up of heavy-duty 300D polyethylene material which is pre-treated with UV rays to offer added protection against UV rays. You will also find additional cross-ventilation mesh on the ARB 813208A Awning Room Accessory provided via the mesh panels.
- Measures about 6.5 feet in size
- Made up of polyester
- Heavy duty nylon hooks for easy attachment
- Easy to set up and organize
- Not exclusively designed for an RV
- Mesh side panels for cross-ventilation
- Made up of 300D polyester material
- Design is not completely waterproof
2. Leader RV Screen Room
A lot of you might be looking for a couple of mesh panels for your RV screen room frame since these units usually require a replacement every other year or so. If yes, you should go with this option from Leader accessories.
The Leader Accessories Mesh Screen Zippered Wall Panels is our 2nd choice for the best screen room for RV. These are basically replacement walls and you will need the top and frame to install these walls, so make sure you keep that in mind. The Leader Accessories Mesh Screen Zippered Wall Panels is compatible with 10 x 10 feet straight leg canopy which increases its versatility in terms of application.
Another great thing about the Leader Accessories Mesh Screen Zippered Wall Panels is that it costs only a fraction of what a complete RV screen room set would cost you. So, it is always a preferable option if you just need replacement mesh panel walls. Also, the Leader Accessories Mesh Wall Panels is backed by a year of warranty, ensuring at least a year of reliable experience with this screen room.
- Measures about 10 feet in size
- Made up of plastic
- Easy to install with a top and frame
- Zipper entries for easy access
- Cheapest option for a replacement mesh panel wall
- Available surface area is pretty good
- Comes with a year of warranty
- It needs for you to have a top and frame
3. Carefree RV Screen Room
Carefree also has a great option for you if you want a large living space outside your RV. THis option is so large that you will find it more comfortable than the inside of your RV.
The Carefree 291800 Vacation’r Screen Room is our 3rd pick for this list of the best RV screen rooms and the largest one that you will find today. The Carefree 291800 Vacation’r Screen Room measures about 18 to 19 feet in size and is compatible 86 to 150 inches awning size. So, compatibility probably won’t be a problem for you.
The material of the Carefree 291800 Vacation’r Screen Room is also quite strong as well as lightweight, making it suitable for a quick setup and pack up. You will also receive a storage bag with the Carefree 291800 Vacation’r Screen Room that makes it even easier to pack and fit inside your RV.
The design of the Carefree 291800 Vacation’r Screen Room is also quite good and you will find multi-position panels on the Carefree 291800 Vacation’r Screen Room that are easy to attach.
- Measures about 19 feet in size
- Made up of polyester
- Designed to fit most RV awning sizes
- Very easy to install and set up
- Comes with all necessary accessories
- A dedicated bag included for added portability
- Innovative design and multi-position panels
- Size might be too large for some RVs
4. Solera RV Screen Room
On the other hand, if you want a reliable option for a screen room, we will suggest going with the Solera family room. This is also a pretty large RV screen room that you will find comfortable.
The Solera 362230 Family Room is also one of the larger options that we have chosen for this list today. This option measures about 15 feet in size, making it possible to have a get-together or a small party inside the screen room for. And if you want an even larger option, you can find up to 21 feet wide RV screen rooms from Solera 362230 Family Room whereas its smallest option is about 10 feet wide.
As for its security and privacy features, you don’t have anything to worry about at all. The Solera 362230 Family Room is completely covered from all sides which will keep you warm on winter nights. The Solera 362230 Family Room is also offering a wide range of options in terms of size ranging from 10 feet all the way up to 21 feet, making it possible to find an ideal option for everyone.
- Measures about 15 feet in size
- Made up of polyester
- Completely covered from all sides
- Many size options are available
- Made up of good quality material
- Suitable for railings up to 130 inches in size
- Designed for 8 feet Solera, Carefree, and Dometic awnings
- Very expensive option compared to other RV screen room replacement options
5. ShadePro RV Screen Room
In the end, we are bringing yet another premium option for an RV screen room which is pretty good for long-term use. This option is also available with a wide selection of size choices for better compatibility.
The ShadePro Villa RV Awning Screen Room is our last pick for the best screen room for an RV and also one of the premium options that offer a large area. This option offers 18 feet surface area, whereas the largest opinion from the brand extends up to 18 feet. The ShadePro Villa RV Awning Screen Room is compatible with 10 inches to 141 inches awning rail size and comes with custom-made side panels to match the awning’s pitch.
Coming to the quality of the ShadePro Villa RV Awning Screen Room, you will get the benefit of a heavy-duty marine-grade fabric with built-in privacy panels and heavy-duty zipper to go with the design. It is compatible with the majority of popular options for an RV awning such as Carefree Eclipse, Travel’r, Longitude, A&E Weatherpro, and many more. It is quite easy to set up and take down the ShadePro Villa RV Awning Screen Room with snapless side panels and support rafters.
- Measures about 18 feet in size
- Made up of vinyl
- Premium option for an RV screen room
- Custom designed screen room for best compatibility
- Many size options are available
- Made up of military grade material
- Available surface area is pretty good
- Other options are much more affordable
Buying Guide For The Best Screen Room For RV
There are a lot of accessories available for RVs that are ideal for an outdoor living condition. One such accessory is an RV screen room that lets you extend your RV to the outside with the help of a compatible awning. It basically gives you an extra room outside your RV so that you can enjoy a large company which seems close to impossible inside a small RV room. But before you can buy a screen room for your RV, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind.
You need to carefully check some important factors of an RV screen room so that you can buy the perfect option for your RV which is not only compatible with your RV, but also offers the best features that you need for your screen room. To help you with that, we have prepared this helpful buying guide for the best screen room for RV. In this guide, we will talk about a few important factors of an RV screen room and help you decide which option is right for you.
1. Installation and Compatibility
The most important factor that affects the overall compatibility of the screen room for your RV is its size. You need to match this size with your existing RV awning to ensure its compatibility. Otherwise, you may need to make some additional adjustments in order to install the screen room in your RV, that is if the installation is possible in the first place.
Fortunately, the compatible RV awning size is specified with all RV screen rooms to make the decision easier for the user. You simply need to compare the compatible size with your RV awning before you make a choice. Some options also feature a range of compatible sizes which makes the selection process even easier.
2. Material and Durability
Just like an RV awning, the RV screen rooms are constantly faced with environmental problems such as rain, snow, dust, and dirt. And even if you are parked in a rather clean area in summer, there is always the sun which can also damage your RV screen room. Continuous exposure to the UV rays causes the RV screen room material to weaken over time, causing wear and tear after a few years, or even months in some cases.
As for monsoon, it is impossible to use an RV screen room if it is not 100% waterproof. Not only will the water leakage make you uncomfortable, but it can also damage the electronic appliances, which is the last thing you would want. Therefore, you should only pick up the options that are made up of material like plastic, polyurethane, or different types of fabric. You can also go for an aluminum screen room, but it will cost significantly more compared to other options.
3. Additional Accessories
There are some accessories that you will need at the time of installation such as mounting brackets or tools. For that, you should have a complete installation kit included with the RV screen room. While you are at it, also check the doors provided on the RV screen room and see if the ones you see are feasible for regular use. Apart from that, you will also need lighting inside your RVs awning so that you can use the extended area at night as well.
While you can always use the light available inside your RV, it is better to have an additional light source set up inside the screen room for better illumination. If you are not sure about buying an expensive light for the screen room, you can also go with an LED strip which is quite cheap and can easily light up the coverage area of a standard RV awning. Some RV screen rooms also come with a floor material, making them more comfortable and much closer to an actual room.
4. Mesh Vs Thick Panels
When you are browsing through different options for an RV screen room, you will come across 2 types of options that are mesh panels and thick panels. The mesh panels, as the name suggests, features a mesh design on the side panels that offer decent protection along with enough breathability to allow passage of fresh air. Mesh panel RV screen rooms also let you keep an eye on the outside so that you can constantly be aware of your surroundings which is essential when you are parked in the middle of nowhere.
But, there are also a handful of disadvantages of having a mesh panel. First of all, it compromises the waterproof design which makes it impossible to use in the rainy season. It also eliminates your privacy which can be a deal breaker for many owners. In such a case, you should go with an RV screen room made up of a thick material. Most of these options also feature a mesh panel window that lets you open or close the window as you desire.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: One of the few disadvantages of a screen room for RV is the fact that you will have limited air circulation and it can get quite problematic in summers. It will also increase humidity levels and make the coverage area relatively sweaty. And if this is your first time buying an RV screen room, you will find the installation and setup quite difficult and you may even face incompatibility based on your RV awning size.
Ans: While setting up an RV screen room may be a difficult task, it is quite easy to keep one maintained in the best condition once it is set up. You simply need to wash down the RV screen room with fresh water and ensure that there is no dust or dirt settled on the surface. Also, make sure you let the RV screen room dry out completely before you pack it. And most importantly, never set up a camp fire or a barbeque inside an RV screen room. It can cause dire repercussions due to lack of ventilation.
Ans: To put it simply, no. The compatible RV screen room for your RV depends upon what type of RV awning you already have installed on your RV. To help you with the compatibility issue, we have included the compatible RV awning size with each of our picks for the best screen room for RV. So, you simply need to check the compatible RV awning size or range of options suitable for the product before you buy it so that you won’t have to worry about the fit.
We hope that you have managed to find the perfect RV screen room for your RV by now which is not only compatible with your RV, but also offers enough space and weather protection to offer an enjoyable outdoor experience. Getting an RV screen room is quite common these days as a lot of RV owners find the need for an extended space on their RV. And since RV screen rooms are basically foldable extended rooms for your RV, you will get the best experience with this added accessory and gather your friends and family for an enjoyable get-together. We will also suggest going through our buying guide for the best screen room for an RV before you make a choice so that you end up with the wrong option. You can also go with one of our top choices presented right here.
- If you are looking for a reliable RV screen room that offers great space along with a reliable material quality, we will suggest going with the Solera 362230 Family Room. Solera RV Screen Room is available in 15 feet size option, but you can find up to 21 feet large RV screen rooms in front of the brand. Thus, you will be able to do a lot more in the RV screen room such as dining, sleeping, parties, etc. The Solera 362230 Family Room is compatible with 8 feet wide projections from Solera, Carefree, and Domestic.
- The ARB RV Screen Room Accessory on the other hand is the most popular choice on the market right now for an RV screen room. In fact, this option is not limited to an RV since this is a standalone awning room altogether. The ARB 813208A Awning Room Accessory measures about 6.5 x 8.2 feet in area which is large enough for a wide range of applications. As for the quality, the ARB 813208A Awning Room Accessory is made up of heavy-duty 300D oxford polyester material which is UV rated before shipping for added protection.
- While most other options are quite expensive, the Leader RV Screen Room Zippered Wall Panels cost almost a fraction and offer about 10 x 10 feet area which is quite good. The package ships with 2 zipper entities and you only need a frame and the top to pair with these walls. And unlike most other options, the Leader Accessories Mesh Screen Zippered Wall Panels comes with a year of warranty so that you can get a reliable experience with the room. The installation of the Leader Accessories Mesh Screen Zippered Wall Panels is also quite straightforward as it simply attaches to the buckles at the time of installation.