The candidate would be joining a team with deep expertise in designing Modem IP within wireless sub-systems for market leading products. In this role, the candidate would be working on cutting edge next-generation Modem IP designs for connectivity solutions within mobile phones, wearables, IOT and Mobile Infrastructure chips.
The candidate will be part of a high-powered team of Modem Engineers and will be involved in all aspects of the Modem design. The candidate will be working with System Architecture, Modem Systems, SoC Design, Firmware, Verification and Validation teams to design the next generation Modem for Bluetooth and other PAN technologies. The candidate is responsible for designing a Modem based on a system design, ensuring the design synthesizes as expected and front-end tool-flows are run to qualify the design. The candidate is also responsible to deliver the required collaterals to all downstream teams along with the RTL.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 2+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 1+ year of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in digital Front-end and Modem design for ASICs
- Experience in designing and implementing modulators, demodulators, and error correction systems
- Expertise in RTL coding of complex designs using Verilog/SV
- Exposure to low power design methodology and designs with multiple clock domains
- Strong Digital Signal Processing fundamentals
- Strong debugging, analytical skills, and ability to solve problems independently
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Hands-on experience in front-end design tools
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering in Electronics, VLSI, Communications, or related field
- 3 years of VLSI industry experience in Digital Design and Digital signal Processing
- Exposure to Bluetooth/BLE Technologies and scripting languages such as Perl and/or Python
RTL Design, Modem Design, DSP, Timing Analysis, Low-Power Design