Be part of something altogether life-changing!
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
As a Component Engineer, you will be contributing to the design and development of the Cytiva products. Your activities are linked to the technical improvement of existing products and components. Overall, you will be responsible for component engineering deliverables which include electrical and electromechanical Part Life Cycle management, component database management, PCB design and standardization of components.
What you’ll do
- Part life cycle verification as confirmed by manufacturer. BOM scrubbing and roadmap analysis.
- Review Product Change Notices(PCN) for impact and provide obsolescence data to customers.
- Experience in IHS/Silicon Expert, PLM/PDM tools like My Workshop, MAGIC, etc.
- Suggest alternate parts using Form Fit Function and value engineering.
- Support change management process (ECR/ECO).
- Preparation of component selection criteria/guideline/manual. Build part library with approved components.
- Review & verify identified components with subject matter experts. Work closely with global stakeholders.
- Standardization of electrical and electro-mechanical components in database. Parameter mapping and technology trends.
- Support ECAD expert for preparing schematic drawings and layouts.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 to 5+ years of industrial experience in Component Engineering.
- Ability to understand electrical designs and obsolescence management.
- Ability to interpret EBOM, understand Engineering drawings & Specifications.
- Understanding of Product Life Cycle Management
- Experience in identifying FFF (Form-Fit-Function), alternate parts & Mating MPN’s for Connectors
- Knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Candidates with good knowledge of Life Sciences domain would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Excel macros, VBA programming, databases (MYSQL, MS Access) would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Analog and Digital circuit board designing using CAD tools will be preferred.