NVIDIA is seeking passionate, highly motivated, and creative senior design engineers to be part of its Graphics team working on the design of state of the art memory subsystem components used in their industry-leading Graphics Processors. This position offers the opportunity to have real impact in a dynamic, technology-focused company impacting product lines ranging from consumer graphics to self-driving cars and the growing field of artificial intelligence. We have crafted a team of exceptional people stretching around the globe, whose mission is to push the frontiers of what is possible today and define the platform for the future of computing.
In this position, you will be expected to make architectural trade-offs based on features, performance requirements and system limitations, come up with micro-architecture, implement in RTL, and deliver a fully verified, synthesis/timing clean design. You will work with architects, other designers, pre- and post-silicon verification teams, synthesis, timing and backend teams to accomplish your tasks.
What you’ll be doing
- Own micro-architecture and RTL development of design modules.
- Micro-architect features to meet performance, power and area requirements.
- Work with HW architects to define critical features.
- Collaborate with verification teams to verify the correctness of implemented features.
- Co-operate with timing, VLSI and Physical design teams to ensure design meets timing, interface requirements and is routable.
- Interact with FPGA and S/W teams to prototype the design and ensure that S/W is tested.
- Work on post-silicon verification and debug.
What we need to see
- BS / MS or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of design experience.
- Experience in RTL design of complex design units for at least two or three projects.
- Exposure to design and verification tools (VCS or equivalent simulation tools, debug tools like Debussy, GDB).
- Deep understanding of ASIC design flow including RTL design, verification, logic synthesis, prototyping, DFT, timing analysis, floor-planning, ECO, bring-up & lab debug.
- Expertise in Verilog.
Ways to stand out from the crowd
- Design experience in memory subsystem or network interconnect IP.
- Good debugging and problem solving skills.
- Scripting knowledge (Python/Perl/shell).
- Leadership experience in leading small 2-3 member teams.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability & desire to work as a part of a team.