Company: Peer Robotics
The Embedded Systems Engineer will operate both as an entrepreneur and an advanced individual contributor. Using a broad range of skill sets and practical experience in successfully developing firmware for embedded modules having microcontrollers, microprocessors, or FPGAs. The role would require a strong understanding of the controls and communication protocols for developing system controllers, motor controls, and auxiliary systems/sensing modules. The role will require exceptional communication skills, to understand requirements and pain points from hardware and software teams, and build optimized solutions to empower both teams.
Desired Experience: Successfully developed firmware for an embedded system with ARM/AVR microcontroller, developed drivers for communication on CAN bus, and implemented motor controls.
- Introductory round to informally know each other better.
- Behavioral Evaluation
- Technical round with live or take-home assignment to understand the approach and skillset
- Larger team meetings and discussion
First 90 Days
The first 30 days will be focused on getting a deep understanding of the existing system, embedded firmware stack (PLC, IMU Sensor, Motor Controls), existing challenges, and goals
30-90 days would be focused on architecting and kicking off the development of motor control for integrating a new set of motors & controllers, taking part in hardware design and firmware development of system controllers and sensing/actuation systems, facilitating them to existing ROS-based architecture.
What we are looking for (you do not need to meet 100%)
- Expert in C, Python, and C++ with experience in launching 2-3 industrial-grade modules
- Expert in communication protocols like I2C, SPI, U(S)ART, Modbus, CAN, EtherCAT, etc.
- Experienced in microcontrollers like ARM, AVR, PIC, etc.
- Experienced in working with hardware like motor controllers, and inertial measurement sensors.
- Experienced with electronic circuits, and components
- Experienced in ROS framework
- Field experience in deploying/working with robots in industry environments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strategic thinker who is also hands-on to get results
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced, distributed environment is crucial.
- Experience in product development for at least 2-3 embedded systems
- You will take responsibility for large-sized projects.
- You will take full responsibility for core modules essential for the product’s success
- Work extremely closely with electrical design, hardware, and software development teams
- This will include design and architecture, evaluating and deciding which framework/language/data store/tools to use, preparing roadmaps, and timely delivery.
Perks and Benefits
- Opportunity to be a part of a small team changing the way industrial automation exists
- Complete freedom to explore and develop innovative solutions to our embedded systems
- Be a leader and build your own team as we expand
- Competitive salary
- Equity options
- Flexible working hours and schedules