Company: General Electric
Job Description Summary
GE Aerospace Electrical Power business (Power Generation, Conversion, Distribution and Control) is leading the way in the application of advanced technologies towards the development and delivery of high-performance power products for aerospace and industrial hybrid vehicle applications.
In this role, you will contribute to the development of advanced power products and be part of the power electronic design team where you will demonstrate talent in designing and developing advanced power converters for commercial applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, development, and analysis of assigned individual and team projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirement
- Develop and analyze topologies for high power/high density power converters from basic principle using the aviation specific components
- Perform modeling, simulation, design and analysis of circuits and their controls
- Develop or work closely to create aviation electrical system design and control using PLECS/SPICE or using mathematical tools such as MATLAB/Simulink.
- Proficient in understanding of semiconductor devices such as IGBTs, MOSFETs, SiC
- Familiar with pulse width modulation control of converters.
- Build circuits on breadboard and test own designs in the lab.
- Understand the stability of systems and familiarity with Bode analysis tools to assess the stability margins.
- Work with technical leadership to support the assigned project or/and the project modules
- Implement and develop plans to meet technical requirements of assigned components and modules / sub-systems
- Participate and/or present in program reviews
- Develop alternate approaches to meet the technical and program requirements
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university or college in Electrical Engineering or Controls Engineering or Power Electronics Engineering
- At least 2+ years of experience in Engineering position.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Power Electronics / controls Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in ANSYS, MATLAB, Simulink and SPICE tools
- Design experience with high power/high density power converter
- Knowledge of aircraft electrical systems and electrical machines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills