Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as Firmware developer and will be reporting to R&D Team Lead and will be a part of Motion Business for Drive Products division, located in Bangalore, India. In this role you will be responsible for contributes significantly to successful project results in technology, software, product and/or solution development as well as associated IP by identifying, proposing, and implementing innovative solutions. Uses unique technical knowledge to oversee development tasks. Acting as the first line contact in R&D/SW development/Product engineering for the specific product related issues and maintenance
- Firmware development of variable frequency drives at various layers of its architecture
Collaborating with global/ local R&D and product management teams to develop world class products
- Demonstrating a solid competency in embedded C++/C programming and design concepts
- Should have strong collaboration within R&D community and alignment with agile software development principles
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to quality culture in ABB R&D
- Having a mindset to take risk, share success and failures in the team and towards innovative thinking and challenging the current situations
- Bachelor’s / master’s degree in electronics, electrical engineering, or related field with 4 to 8 years of experience in embedded SW programming for 16/32/64-bit Microcontroller
- Having a strong experience in Embedded C, C++, python in embedded system design and development
- Experience in RTOS, communication protocols such us I2C, SPI, UART/USART
- Having hands on experience with debugging tools such as IAR and equivalent
- Required experience in MCU’s peripherals like ADC, DAC, DMA, Timers, Flash, GPIO
- Experience about CI/CD processes, Jenkins, or equivalent tool