We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
This posting is intended to collect candidate information for Halliburton’s talent pool, and is not considered an application. By completing the candidate profile, recruiters will have visibility to your information in order to contact you for a future related job opportunity. In addition to providing your information on this posting, we encourage you to create a Job Alert within our career site. The Job Alert allows you to select search criteria for positions that match your interest(s). Once positions are posted that match your search criteria, you will receive an email notification.
Digital Electronics Engineer
- Design, development, implementation, verification, validation & reliability growth of embedded digital electronics based systems & components as applied on downhole & surface equipment/tools as part of drilling, wireline, perforating technologies
- Design and analysis of data acquisition systems including A/D, D/A, high speed Microcontrollers, Digital Signal Processors (DSP), FPGA, I/O communications (SPORT, CAN, SPI, I2C, RS485, RS232, Ethernet, etc.), volatile and non-volatile memory.
- Integrate motor controller chips, analog products and firmware to deliver overall motor controller functionality.
- Develop schematic for digital and mixed signal circuits and board design, including: microcontrollers, processors, memory interfaces, digital interface buses, point of load power distribution. Perform digital system simulation, analysis, and design of high-speed digital circuits. Perform system verification and validation including use of laboratory test equipment and proper probing techniques for circuit development and verification. Perform board level rework to support development and testing. Work with PCB designers to develop PCB layout for high-frequency switching circuits minimizing EMI issues.
- Understanding of various motor control methods (Field Oriented/scalar) and its impact to the hardware design.
- Utilize commonly used circuit simulators (LTSPICE, PSPICE, etc.)
- Utilize math tools (Matlab, MathCAD, etc.)
- Work with electrical systems, firmware and mechanical engineers to develop solutions as required for the product.
- Present in design reviews of internal developments and review third party designs
- Develop component qualification plans and lead execution of plans.
- Perform functional and qualification testing of the designed boards and sub-assemblies.
- Support functional testing for motor controllers on Hardware-in-the-loop simulator, dynamometers and on assembled tool.
- Document designs, specifications, test plans, revisions and produce test reports
- Working proficiency of troubleshooting of boards
- Prepared to work on several projects at a given time or highly complicated projects that require a creative team work. Work with cross-functional teams during product life-cycle
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, leadership, analytical and problem solving skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering or similar discipline and a minimum of two years related experience are required for the position. A master’s degree or PhD in electrical/electronics engineering with emphasis on digital electronics and license/charter as a Professional Engineer are preferred.
Some travel may be required.
Higher positions may be considered for more qualified candidates.