Company: Schneider Electric
Roles & Responsibilities
- Stamping, Sheet Metal & Metallic Part Manufacturing Process
- Define Manufacturing Process for Parts including ST/HT.
- Define Tool Specification in detail for Stamping Parts
- Define economic Process for Machined/Metal Parts
- Define economic Strip/Sheet Layout to reduce scrap and achieve best possible cost for Stamping Parts
- Estimate Tool & Parts cost for budgeting/ benchmarking.
- Define Part Qualification and Tool validation requirements.
- Prepare Parts / Tool Qualification schedule to meet Project timeline
Development of new Tools / Parts (follow Part Development Procedure)
- Attend Part Design review with Design team. Do the Dimensional Feasibility study and
- Manufacturing Feasibility Study. Provide necessary feedback to the design team based on the outcome of feasibility study to update the drawing and specifications.
- Prepare and maintain “Technical File” for each Part.
- Prepare “PPEP File” religiously o Prepare detailed Specification for the Tools for stamping Parts. Prepare Process Sheet for Machined Parts.
- Send RFQs through Purchase for Tools and Part.
- Conduct Prelaunch meetings with the Supplier identified
- Coordinate with Purchase and Finalize Supplier and Price (Tool and Part cost for Stamping Parts, Development Cost and Part cost for machined Parts)
- Conduct Technical Meetings with Supplier and Finalise Production Process, Development Schedule etc in accordance with the Project Target.
- Work closely with Supplier and validate all the steps from Tool design to Tool qualification for Stamping parts. Validate process planning, Production process, Prototyping for metallic Parts
- Ensure quality of the Tool developed will meet specified Tool life, consistent part quality and production capacity etc for stamping parts
- For metallic parts, ensure the process selected and process parameters will meet the specified part quality, production capacity consistently.
- Attend Stamping Tool trials and ensure the parts submission for FAIR are alike the actual production condition. o Present at the Supplier place during initial trial of critical process for metal parts and ensure the process parameters are stabilised before the parts are taken for submission to =S= for approval
- Work closely with Supplier for qualification of the parts within maximum of two loops o Inspection and validation of the Tools developed,
- Maintenance of all documents for each Part (Process flow, Tool design, Tool and Part qualification report, RMTC, ST/HT Test report, PPQR etc) both in soft & hard wherever possible
Productionising new Tools
- Tool and Process setting at the part supplier’s place
- Participate PPEP at Part Supplier’s place
- Reach targeted process cycle time
- Handover the Tool/Part and Support Plant for the first three Industrial lot and ensure on Part’s consistent quality and trouble-free performance of the Tool.
- Attend and resolve major quality problems / breakdowns related to tools & process whenever required
- Implement design change
- Support to set-up Tool / Process during Part’s supplier changed
- Support Team members as and when required
- Support R&D & Plants as and when required
- Manage workload and priorities between the Projects allotted
- Manage Technical and Tool & Part development file
- Manage Investment
- Monitor & report Tool / Part development progress against the targeted dates
- Train and Coach the suppliers to meet =S= requirements
- Share the knowledge / experience with team members
- Thorough knowledge on Tool design, Tooling raw material, Tool manufacturing, Tool and Part costing and Presses
- Through Knowledge of Precision Part manufacturing process
- Knowledge of metrology, SPC etc,
- Knowledge on Post Stamping and Post machining Operation (ST/HT etc)
- Knowledge on Product and functional requirement and criticality of the Parts
Tool Engineer with minimum 5 years of experience in Tool design, Tool manufacturing, Stamping and Precision machined metal Parts