Location: General Electric
Company: GE Power
Job Description Summary
Design, Sizing, Simulation, Lab testing of Power electronic equipment (VSD/ VFD’s).
- LV/MV Drive Engineering – Core Power Electronics (AC / DC systems) and Control cabinet design as per requirement.
- Engage in Sizing, product hardware design / loss budget calculation / Filter & protection circuits .
- Understand product / project specifications and realize requirements to design using calculations, modeling and simulations.
- Design system/equipment to meet reliability, testing standards, manufacturability, material and cost guidelines
- Prepare & validate Design documents – Configurations, principles of operation, application guidelines, specifications, BOM, SLD & drawings as per requirement.
- Verify functional performance of prototype hardware under all specified operating conditions.
- Support Manufacturing of equipment at Factory / Vendor facility
- Document functional test requirements and conduct test according to applicable standards (UL/IEC etc.…) /conduct project FAT’s.
- Coordinate with Lead Engineer and team Manager on product / project execution on a continuous basis.
- May require travel to commission engineered projects as required.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Power Electronics or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- Min. 3 – 8 years of Power electronics design & testing expertise for industrial drives and its related components (Renewables / Oil & Gas / Marine / Metal Process Industrial knowledge preferred)
- Preferred experience/knowledge in Electrical design / Simulation tools like AUTOCAD / E-Plan and MATLAB/Simulink
- In-depth knowledge of motors /drive control Systems.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively within and between teams and as Individual
- Ability to energize teams and perceives change as an opportunity
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and highly matrixed environment.