For all those of you who are electricians, having the proper and right tools is highly important. Hence, you can find a lot of electrician toolsets out there that come with various tools that you will need. Although, you need to keep the following things in mind before buying an electrician toolset:
- Pieces: One of the most important things to consider before buying an electrician toolset is to check the number of pieces or tools inside it. A 200 piece tool kit is better than a 50 piece one as you get more tools to work with.
- Carrying Case: If your toolset has multiple pieces in it, then carrying all of them together can be quite difficult. Although, if you get a carrying case or a carrying bag with your electrician toolset, then carrying all of them together can be quite easy.
- Insulation Rating: Since you are working with electricity and live wires as an electrician, having insulated tools is highly important. While some of them are insulated up to 1000 volts, others might have a rating of 2000 volts.
If you are also an electrician and want to have some of the best tools, then we are here with some of the best electrician toolsets. You can also find their major features and options along with a detailed “Buying Guide” so that you can go through this article until the end and pick up the perfect electrician toolset for you.
Best Electrician Tool Sets Table
7 Best Electrician Tool Sets Reviews
Klein Tools is one of the most premium brands of tool kits and other options out there whose electrician toolset is one of the most expensive out there.
The Klein Tools 80141 electrician toolset is present in the 1st position in this article as it is the most expensive option mentioned here. As you would expect from any premium option, you get a great build quality with all of the tools offered in this toolset. Not only that, but you also get a 1-year long warranty with this electrician toolset for peace of mind.
You get a total of 41 tools in this toolset that comes inside a carrying bag so that you can take all of them with you to a different job site quite easily. But unlike other toolsets with multiple tools, all of the 41 tools and accessories of this toolset are quite useful and handy. It even includes safety glasses that can be quite handy while working on an electric project.
- 41 pieces toolset
- 1-year long warranty
- Offers a great build quality for peace of mind
- Handy tools for all kinds
- Includes a carrying bag for ease of use
- Comes with safety glasses for protection
- Highly expensive electrician toolset
Dekopro is one of the most popular brands of electrician toolsets out there whose products generally have a high user rating because of the various features that you get along with it.
Dekopro’s electrician toolset is present in the 2nd position in this article as it offers a great value for money to the user. As per its name, it comes with a total of 168 tools and pieces in this kit. Although, since you get all of these at a very justified price tag, it results in a high value for money for most users.
While the build quality of these tools is quite good, you only get a 30-day warranty with its electrician toolset. Another great thing about this toolset is that you get all of the tools and pieces in a hard carry case for protection as well as proper management while using your tools and other accessories.
- 168 pieces toolset
- 30 daylong warranty
- Includes a hard carry case for proper organization
- Offers a high value for money
- Affordable kit with multiple tools and pieces
- Decent build quality tools and carrying case
- Includes just a 30-day long warranty
Almost all of the products offered by Prostormer, including its electrician toolset has a high user rating because of the various features and options it offers to its users.
This Prostormer electrical toolset is the best option in this article for those users who want a lot of tools. You can find a total of 210 pieces in this toolset that is the highest when compared with other options in this article. Since you get so many tools, it offers high flexibility to the user in terms of the things that you can do using this tool.
Even though you get so many tools in this toolset, all of them come with a 1-year long warranty. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about its build quality since the build quality is just average. Thankfully, that should not be an issue since all of the tools are properly protected inside its included carrying case.
- 210 pieces toolset
- 1-year long warranty
- Comes included in a carrying case for ease of use
- Carrying case offers proper protection to the tools
- Includes the highest number of tools and accessories
- Comes with a decent warranty period for peace of mind
- Build quality of the tools is just average
Coming to the 4th option in this article, we have XOOL that is a lesser-known brand of electrician toolset but still manages to offer some handy features.
The XOOL electrician toolset is yet another option in this article that includes insulated tools that allow you to work even with live wires safely. This is possible due to the reason that all of the tools in this set have an insulation rating of up to 1000 volts. Speaking of the tools, you get a total of 8 tools in it that includes just the necessary things that you will need for your electrician needs.
While the build quality offered by these 8 tools is quite great, you do not get any warranty with it. This is due to the reason that it is a lesser-known brand offering an affordable option. One handy feature of this toolset is that all of the tools come in a compact carrying case for proper portability.
- 8 pieces toolset
- 1000 volt insulation rating
- Offers a small and compact carrying case
- Affordable price tag for users on a budget
- Highly safe tools for working with live wires
- High-quality tools for electrician needs
- Does not come with any warranty from the manufacturer
Wiha is one of the most affordable options out there if you are looking for tools and toolsets for your electrician needs and requirements while getting decent quality tools.
This Wiha 32985 electrician toolset is present in the 5th position in this article as it is the cheapest option present in this article. As a result, if you are on a budget and looking for affordable options, this can be a great pick. While you get a limited number of tools, all of them are of high quality that results in a high value for money while buying this toolset.
Just like any other budget option out there, you get a limited 7 number of tools in this set. Thankfully, all of these tools come included in a carrying belt for easy access to the tools while working with them. Even though the build quality of these tools is quite good, you do not get any warranty as Wiha is a budget brand of electrician toolsets.
- 7 pieces toolset
- Comes with a belt carrying bag
- Offers great build quality for all the tools
- Highly affordable price tag for users on a budget
- High value for money
- Small and compact bag for easy access
- Not the best option for heavy-duty and industrial usage
Knipex is one of the latest brands of electrician toolsets out there that offers premium and high-quality tools to the user for electric requirements.
The Knipex 989830US electrician toolset is most likely the safest option for you out there. All of the tools offered in this electrician toolset are fully insulated up to 1000 volts. Due to this, you can use all of the 10 tools offered by it, even on life wires without any issues. Another great thing about this set is that all of the tools in this set offer a great build quality.
Even though there are just 10 tools in this toolset, you get a hard carrying case along with it. Apart from providing additional protection to the tools, this carrying case can be quite handy for taking the tools from one place to another. Unfortunately, you do not get any warranty with this electrician toolset that can be an issue for a lot of users.
- 10 pieces toolset
- 1000 volt insulated tools
- Comes in a high-quality carrying case
- Great build quality with the carrying case and the tools
- Includes all of the important tools
- Safest tools for electrician requirements
- Lacks any manufacturer warranty
Coming to the last option in this article, we have Occidental Leather is known for making leather products, including its electrician toolset.
Occidental Leather’s 5590 LG electrician toolset is made out of leather, just like its other products. Due to this, it is one of the best-built electrician toolset options in this article. When you also consider the 2-year long warranty offered by it, this toolset is the most durable and reliable option here that can easily last for a long time.
This electrician tool set comes with multiple tools that you will ever need for electrical usage. Just like the strap itself, the tools also offer a great build quality to the user. Its strap offers a no-spill tool holder system for keeping all of your tools safe and secure. All of these things are made in the USA that will be appreciated by a lot of users.
- Made in USA tools and strap
- 2-year long warranty
- High-quality strap and tools
- Offers proper security to the tools so that they don’t fall
- Easy to attach belt with all the tools
- Comes with a long warranty for peace of mind
- Does not have any tool count mentioned
Buying Guide For The Best Electrician Tool Set
There are a lot of tools that are required by electricians due to the different kinds of needs and requirements. And since buying each tool separately is not the most viable option out there, you can find multiple electrician toolsets out there.
In fact, we have already mentioned some of the best electrician toolsets along with their features up above in this article. But since some of you might be interested in knowing more, we are here with a detailed buying guide related to electrician toolsets. You can learn all of the important things related to electrician toolsets that you should know before buying one. Therefore, make sure to go through the following points before buying any tools:
The number of pieces included in a given electrician toolset is highly important to check before buying such a toolset. It ensures that you have all the flexibility and options while working on any given project.
While some options come with 40 or 60 tools and pieces, others might include 150 or 200 tools and pieces. Generally, an electrician toolset with multiple tools and pieces is considered to be the better one for advanced electric projects.
2. Carrying Case
If you are buying an electrician toolset with multiple tools and pieces, then the chances are that you are taking them to different job sites for your work requirements. Although carrying multiple small tools is not the easiest thing in terms of the organization. Hence, you should make sure that a given electrician tool set comes included with a carrying case.
Apart from allowing you to easily carry your tools and other accessories, these carrying cases also offer protection to your tools. While some of them are hard cases for added protection, others might be belt carrying cases for easy access to all of your tools while working at a job site.
3. Insulating Rating
There are a lot of cases when you have to work with live wires as an electrician, depending on your work requirements. Due to this, you cannot use standard tools for your electric requirements as you can get an electric shock.
Hence, making sure that your tools come with an insulating rating is highly important. Some of the models out there are insulated for up to 1000 volts, while others might be rated for 2000 volts. Out of these two options, the higher 2000 volt rating is the better one as you can work on live wires at most job sites without any risk.
4. Durability and Reliability
Just like any other tool that you might use, electrician tools also face a lot of wear and tear over time. You might even face issues with the tools of your electrician toolset after some time, which can be an issue for a lot of users.
Therefore, making sure that a given electrician toolset is reliable and durable is quite important. The easiest way to check the reliability of a given toolset is to check the warranty offered by it. While some options come with a 1-year long warranty, others might offer a 2-year long warranty for peace of mind.
While working on electronic components, having the correct tools is highly important. Apart from having the correct tool size, you also need insulated tools to protect yourself from electricity while working on live wires. Thus, we have mentioned some of the best electrician toolsets in this article.
We have even mentioned their major features and options, along with a detailed buying guide. All of these things can be quite handy to easily understand the differences between the various options available out there. Although, if you are still confused, then you can simply pick up one of the following electrician toolsets from our recommendations:
- If you want a lot of tools in a single toolset kit, then you can go with the Prostormer Electrician Tool Set. It comes with a total of 210 pieces and tools that is much higher than all other options present in this article so that you have full flexibility while working on a project.
- The Occidental Electrician Tool Set is the most durable and reliable option mentioned in this article. This is the only option mentioned in this article that comes with a 2-year long warranty for its tools and the leather carrying strap for all the tools.
- For those of you who are on a budget, the Wiha Electrician Tool Set is the perfect option. Even though it is the cheapest option in this article, it comes with 7 insulated tools, including drivers, pliers, and cutters. All of these come in a belt carrying case for ease of use.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!