Modern tablets have become capable enough to bridge the gap between laptops and phones with their service and size. With a tablet, you can do almost everything except high-performance tasks that you can do with a laptop. From emailing, sending messages, and internet surfing to gaming, you can do everything easily on the go with the tablet same like laptop it can work. On top of that, it also allows you to call, use WhatsApp and social media and even click a picture when you like it.
The market has tons of options in different budget ranges for you. Hence, you may get confused or overwhelmed by the available shopping options. We have created the perfect guide with the best options from reputed brands.
But before jumping to the suggested options, let’s check the top Features to look at while buying a tablet for yourself or your family members-
- RAM & Storage: The better RAM your tablet has, the better multitasking ability it will offer. Tablets with higher RAM capacity work faster without lagging and can allow you to do heavy-duty tasks like gaming or video and picture editing, or digital drawing easily. It is better to use devices with at least 3GB to 4GB RAM for a decent user experience. To ensure you can store larger apps and data in the tab, you need to go for models with at least 32GB minimum or higher storage capacity.
- Operating System: Tablets usually come with one of these three different OS or operating systems- Android, iOS, and Microsoft windows. Some Amazon-exclusive tablets come with Amazon Fire OS also. You can choose any latest OS version to get the best experience.
- Screen Size: The screen size matters a lot in the case of tablets. Tablets usually have a screen size ranging from 7 to 15 inches. If you want something on the go, go for smaller screen sizes. But if you love gaming or intend to work on tablets, go for larger sizes. It will help you a lot.
While these are some crucial factors to check out, you must also look for other factors to find the best tablet model in our detailed “Buying Guide” later in the article. Here, we have placed detailed reviews of ten tablets under $100 to help you.
Best Tablets Under $100 Chart
Best Tablets Under $100 Reviews
1. Lenovo Tablet
Lenovo has been a long name in the electronic appliance and gadget sector, especially for making laptops and mobiles. The brand also offers some best tablet models in the budget range. This tab is a pocket-friendly option that comes with loads of features.
It comes with MediaTek A22 Quad-core 2.0 GHz processor with two different RAM options- 2GB and 3 GB. You can purchase the M8 tab from two storage options- 16GB or 32 GB.
The latest models run on Android OS version 9 or the android Pie version. It also comes with the January 2020 security patch, and the company regularly releases updates.
The M8 tab from Lenovo is a palm-sized tab with a screen size of eight inches, which is ideal for regular tasking, reading books, etc.
- HD display with a resolution of 1280 x 8—pixels for vivid images
- Built–in Bluetooth 5.0 and wifi 803.11 series.
- 5MP rear and 2MP front camera with facial recognition.
- Metal body with premium finish
- 500 mAH battery with 10w fast charging and battery life of 8 hours on average
- Lenovo offers a one-year warranty on the device and a six-month warranty on the accessories. You can connect to the support team through the official website and the dedicated hotline.
- Pocket-friendly price
- Premium look with metal body
- Facial recognition
- Performance is good compared to the price
- Great battery life
- A nearly vanilla android version
- Expandable memory up to 2TB
- Stereo speakers
- Smart charging dock
- The device comes with some pre-loaded apps that often consume storage
- The cameras are not great
- The tab is not suitable for multitasking
2. Amazon Tablet
Amazon has recently launched its electronic gadget line, and the fire HD 8 tab is a wonderful addition. The best part about this tablet is that it is super affordable and offers decent features for all users.
The Fire HD 8 model has 2GB RAM with 32 GB or 64GB storage. You can also expand the storage to 1TB with a micro SD Card.
It is powered by the MediaTek hex- Core MT8169A CPU chip that, is quite reliable and offers enhanced performance.
This tab runs on the Amazon Fire OS, which is based on the Android OS but has some modifications.
It is also a palm-sized tab with 8 inch HD screen size.
- The model comes with different color options- Rose, Black, and Denim
- The full HD screen is made with more durable, strengthened aluminosilicate glass.
- 1280×800 pixel screen with the 16:10 aspect ratio
- Alexa compatible and supports calls through Alexa
- Nearly 13 hours of battery life
- Pre-loaded entertainment apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ HBO, etc. You can also download other apps from the Amazon Play store
- 2MP rear and 2 MP front camera
- Bluetooth version 5.2 with A2DP compatible headphones
- Comes with 9- days limited warranty, and you can extend the warranty up to three years.
- Faster than previous models
- 1GB additional RAM
- Lighter and thinner design with a premium feel
- Wireless charging and fast USB-C charging
- Pre-loaded entertainment apps
- Alexa support enabled
- Parental control with Amazon Kids feature
- Three color options
- The screen brightness is not that great
- The tab does not support the Google play store, and the Amazon play store does not have versions of all the apps
- You must have Amazon prime membership to use all the features of the tablet
3. Hyundai Tablet
The Hyundai tab is a well-known product among buyers and has a decent fan base among its users. The 10 inch tablets is ideal for those who love multitasking and want to do some extra work in the tab.
It runs on the quad-core Realtek RayMX RM1135 SSD with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage. You can also get a model with 4GB and 128Gb storage. Other versions have storage options of 240GB/480GB/960 GB.
This model runs on Android 11, which is 20% faster and launches the app faster than previous versions.
It is a larger device with a 10-inch screen that allows you to store videos, play games, or even read and surf the web.
- 800×1080 HD IPS display for vivid and clear images
- 6000mAh battery with long battery life
- The 32GB storage model has an expandable memory of up to 256 GB with a micro SD card. You can also expand the storage of other versions up to 1TB
- Has Bluetooth version of 5.0 and inbuilt wifi
- 5 MP rear camera with 2 MP front camera
- Lightweight model with semi-soft back end for better grip
- Comes with a free stylus and wired headphone
- Great screen size
- Comes with a decent storage option
- Great for the price tag
- The touch input lags, and you need to set the touch sensitivity to the maximum level for a faster response
- The software may not work with advanced games or larger apps
4. Iweggo Tablet
IWEGGO is a well-known Chinese brand known for offering people great electronic gadgets on an affordable budget. Their latest Google tab is also an exception. With a price tag of only $59.99, it provides excellent features and can be a good investment as a starting tablet.
It runs on Android OS 11 and is excellent at multitasking and opening apps.
The Quad-core processor from Rockchip is fast and works great. On top of that, this IWYQ10S tablet comes with 2GB RAM and 64GB storage (with 512GB expand capacity through the SD card).
This tab has a screen size of 10 inches, which is quite good for multitasking and reading or internet surfing.
- 1280 x800 pixel HD screen with a larger viewing angle
- 6-0 mAH battery for longer battery life of 8-12 hours for mixed users
- 8MP rear camera with 5 MP front camera
- Inbuilt Bluetooth 4.0 version alongside wifi compatibility
- Dimension(inches): 12 x 7 x 1.1 inches
- Great product against the price tag
- Vibrant display with a great viewing angle
- Better camera quality than many other competitor models
- Good battery life
- The battery may start to run out faster with extensive use for a long time
- May lag occasionally
- The processor could be better
5. Yqsavior Tablet
YQSAVIOR is another Chinese brand that has been in the electronics business for a few years and has recently launched its products for global users. The tab YQYQ10S is another budget-friendly tablet within the range of $70 that comes with some amazing features. It gives off an iPad vibe with its design.
The tablet has 2 GB RAM and 64GB ROM with expandable features.
The device has two quad-core processors from ARM Unisoc. The cluster CPU has a speed of 1.20 GHz, while the second quad-core cluster has a rate of 1.60 GHz.
YQYQ10S runs on the latest android 11 and is faster at loading apps and managing the user experience.
The 10-inch model has IPS full HD screen with a 1290×8000 pixel resolution, which offers great and clear images.
- The device ROM is expandable up to 512GB with the micro SD card
- Comes with a 2mp front and 8mp rear camera.
- Has 2.4G wifi and Bluetooth 5.0 for better connectivity
- 600mah battery for eight to ten hours of battery life
- Fast charging
- Data transfer through USB type C charger
- Comes with a screen protector and a cover
- The display is of decent size
- Google GMS-certified tablet
- Supports play store
- Faster boot price
- The tab tends to lag when multiple apps are opened simultaneously
- It can be updated to Android version 11 only
- The touch sensitivity is not that great
6. Pritom Tablet
This M10 tablet is one of the high-performance tablets in this list, with an affordable price tag. You can use this tab to surf the internet, play games and even do video calls with others. It has an ultra-thin and lightweight design that gives off a premium feel.
The device has 2GB RAM and 32GB ROM with an expandable memory feature. Its 32-bit 1.5GHz quad-core processor app launches faster and offers a seamless experience. On top of that, this chip has power-saving qualities to extend the battery life.
The ten-inch device has a full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels that offers sharper and richer images. It also has an eye protection feature and prevents eye fatigue.
- 6000 mAH li-ion battery with an average life of light hours
- Type C 15w fast charging
- Has a 5 mp front ad 8 mp rear camera to capture photos as videos
- Double BOX speakers offer a great sound experience
- 2.5D scratch-resistant screen
- Aluminum alloy case for safety
- Scratch proof IPAD screen
- GMS-certified tab from Google
- 3 inches with ultra-thin and narrow bezels
- Good sound
- Support Microsoft apps like excel or word
- The tablet cannot handle games with large app sizes or advanced graphics
- The device is unable to play HD videos
- Needs and OTG to transfer data
7. TJD Tablet
TJD Information Co. has been in the electronics sector since 2002, with 200 million customers from 50 different countries around the globe. This company, from China, is known for offering budget-friendly tablets with Google GMS certification and some exciting features. This tablet 12 can be your child’s first tablet or an extra tablet beside your regular computer.
The tab comes with a Cortex-A53 Quad-core processor of rate 1.6 GHz. It also has 2 GB RAM and 64GB expandable ROM. The chip, alongside the RAM and storage, makes app launches faster with a seamless user experience.
This tab has a smaller screen of 7.5 inches. The screen is an FHD display with vivid image captivity.
In the OS sector, it runs on the latest Android 12 and offers a nearly vanilla android feeling without much bloatware.
It comes with standard warranty clauses. The box comes with all the contact details regarding the support team of TJD.
- A full HD screen with a 1440 x 1080 pixels resolution is an excellent feature in this price range.
- 2MP front and 5 MP rear camera
- 4000Mah battery with a decent three to four hours battery for mixed users.
- Expandable storage up to 512GB with a micro SD card
- Comes pre-loaded with multiple apps
- Supports Bluetooth 5.0 and wifi connectivity
- Weight: 1.7 lbs
- Dimension: 7.28 x 5.31 x 0.31 inches
- Available in four color schemes- gray, pink, silver, and black
- An excellent performance against the price tag
- Premium design
- Durable and scratch-resistant
- Users have said that this tab can efficiently handle larger games or even the most complicated games and does not lag even after gaming for hours.
- Multiple color variants
- Quite heavy for its size.
- The display is mediocre
- The pre-installed adware can be irritating
8. Yinoche Tablet
YINOCHE has been a brand in the electronic gadget manufacturing sector for eleven years since 2011 and is known for making kids’ exclusive gadgets at a reasonable price. This Y101 tablet is one of the best-sold products from the company. The brand described this device as a kids’ learning and entertainment tablet for 3-14 years old.
It runs on a 1.6 GHz quad-core processor. It also offers ample storage with 2GB RAM and 3GB ROM. You can also expand the storage to a certain extent.
The 10.1-inch big screen is responsive to touch and quickly responds to children’s touch. The full HD screen also offers vivid images to entertain the children.
It has a dual camera with a 0.3MP front and 2MP rear camera. Y101 runs on android 11, and the company also releases frequent updates for this device. On top of that, it also has a 5000maH battery to ensure your child can use it for hours.
- Kid-friendly apps and entertainment options like cartoons and learning videos are pre-installed on this device.
- Comes with shockproof and designer back covers that prevent scratches and fall-related damages.
- Full HD 1280x800IPS display
- Comes in three variants- blue and pink
- Comes with parental control feature that allows parents to control screen time, safe app mode, and safe web browsing
- The brand offers a standard warranty on the device, and you can get support through the website and dedicated telephone number.
- The storage can be expanded up to 256 GB with the help of a micro SD card.
- Desiccated kids mode for safe browsing
- Shockproof case design
- Pre-loaded games and learning content
- Great battery life
- Supports Google play store
- Easy to use for even toddlers
- Great battery life
- May not connect with the home wifi network, and you may need to perform a factory reset to solve the issue
- Touch may not respond sometimes
9. Qunyico Tablet
QunyiCO Y10 is the latest release from the PRC brand QunyiCO, based in China. The brand released this model in 2020, and it has been one of its best offerings under the budget of $100.
The Y10 has a quad-core, 1.6GHZ SSD A100 chip. On the storage front, you get 2 GB RAM with 32GB storage, which is expandable.
Its best part is probably the camera. Within $70, you get a 2MP front camera with an 8MP rear camera. The full HD screen is touch-sensitive and responds well to vivid, detailed images.
Its 5000mah lithium-ion battery runs for more than eight hours with mixed usage.
The device was initially launched with android ten, and you can update it to the latest versions.
The brand offers a standard warranty for its device.
- 2.4G wifi and Bluetooth 4.0
- Storage can be expanded to 128GB.
- IPS FHD screen with a resolution of 1280×8000 pixels
- Affordable price
- Great camera quality
- Good battery life
- The GMS-certified tab that supports the Google play store
- Advanced games can also be played on this tablet
- The tablet does not have a great front camera
- If expanded to the maximum limit, it tends to become slower
10. Coopers Tablet
Last in this list of top tablets under $100 is the Coppers 10 tablet. It is an android tablet with decent features, and you can easily use it for day-to-day work.
The tablet comes with a 1.3 GHZ SC7731E quad-core processor. The processor works fine and offers a decent experience. It comes with 2 GB RAM and 32 GB storage which can be expanded up to 128 GB.
You can use the 2MP front and 8 MP rear cameras to click pictures and video calls.
It has a ten-inch screen with full HD resolution. The battery life is also decent. Coopers tablet has a 6000mah battery that lasts for eight to ten hours. It is also a Google-certified tablet that runs on android 10.
- 1280×800 pixel; screen resolution for a clearer image
- Wifi tablet that does not support a sim card.
- It has Wifi802.22ac/b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 for internet surfing and app usage.
- Five-point cap-touch G+G for fluent response
- Supports type c cable data transfer
- Larger screen size
- Regular updates
- Good rear camera
- Great battery life
- Supports Google play store
- Tends to lag often
- Does not support high graphics games
Buying Guide for Best Tablets Under $100
While buying a tablet, you need to make an informative and conscious decision base on the features and the following factors-
The processor or chip runs the tablet and supplies power to it. So, it is better to get a device with a capable processor. Processors can come with one, two, four, or even eight cores. Here are some details you need to check open-
- Single-core processors are not that much used now. These processors can only complete basic tasks like message replying, internet surfing, etc.
- Dual-core processors are more common in tablets within the range of $100. Such CPUs can offer better graphics and faster app launch and can even complete better functions.
- The more powerful and latest versions are the quad-core, Hexa-core, and octa-core processors. If you want to use the tab for multitasking activities, editing, and playing advanced games, go for at least a quad-core processor. But, choosing a device with hexa or octa cores will be a good investment. But, such devices also tend to be a bit expensive, as you will find multiple tablet models that come under the price tag of $100.
2. RAM & Storage
RAM, or the Random Access Memory, is the temporary memory from where the tab retrieves data when needed. The higher RAM, the better the multitasking ability of the tablet. You will find entry-level tablets with 2 GB RAM. These are enough to do basic tasks. If you buy a tablet for your child, a 2GB tablet will be enough.
Most tablets today have 4 GB RAM, offering better multitasking ability and properly maintaining larger apps. You can use tabs with 4GB RAM to surf the internet, play games, etc. It is ideal for everyday users.
Tabs with 8GB storage are ideal for exclusive gaming and completing other advanced tasks like editing videos on a tool etc.
The storage is also equally important besides the RAM size. Internal storage stores apps, documents, images, videos, or other files. Hence, more external storage allows you to store many files without issues.
Modern tablets usually come with 32GB to 512 GB storage or even higher. Most entry-level tabs have either 32GB or 64GB storage that can be expanded with the help of a micro SD card.
If you intend to use the tablet for basic activities or as a kids’ tablet, 32GB to 64 GB storage is enough.
For more advanced activities like gaming, or usage of larger apps, getting one model with 64 GB to 128GB storage is essential.
3. Operating System
The operating system or OS often decides your user experience to a great extent. Most tablets in the market come with four variants – android o, IOS, Windows OS, and Amazon Fire OS. Many brands also create their own OS version based on the android version.
- Android OS: Android OS from Google is the most popular OS for tablets. Its best part is the customization options that allow you to get a personalized device. On top of that, the Google play store offers most of the apps with their latest options. Most of the modern tabs under the budget of $100 run on android SO version 9 or higher. It is ideal for those who want to use the tablet for multitasking., You can do regular work in beginner range tabs like internet surfing, video streaming, or reading. On the other hand, the higher and more advanced models allow you to play high graphics games, use tools, and even complete video editing.
- iOS: It is developed by Apple and is exclusive to the Apple iPad and other devices. Apple iOS is known for security, but it is exclusive to Apple devices only. Apple iOS comes with Siri voice assistant, apple store and iTunes, iCloud. Experts recommend iOS for gaming. But iPads are often expensive and may not come under your budget.
- Windows OS: Windows OS is developed by Microsoft Windows and is used in many tablets. The OS is recommended for those users who need a tab that will offer them a similar experience to a PC or laptop. If you tend to work on a PC to edit documents, a tab with Windows OS can be beneficial. But. Windows OS is not that common and may not have budget-friendly options.
- Fire OS: Fire OS is developed exclusively by Amazon for the Amazon Fire tablet series. It is known for its seamless support for all Amazon apps and services. On top of that, The Fire OS-supported devices have in-built Alexa support. It is based on the android frame wire and has similar features. But. Amazon play store cannot access all the apps you may need. It is ideal if you want a second tablet for reading or watching videos.
4. Screen Size
Screen Size is important in ensuring you are comfortable with the tablet you are using. If the screen is too small, you cannot read smaller fonts or check out smaller graphic details. On the other hand, if the tablet screen is very large, it can create issues for on-the-go users. Tablets are in different sizes- ranging from 7 to 12 inches or even 14 inches. Each size has a different purpose-
- 7 inches size- Ideal for those who want to read eBooks, watch videos or surf the internet casually. This size is also an excellent option for those who use the tablet while traveling.
- 7.1 inch to 9 inch- Tablets of this size are also great for users who use the device while commuting. You can use it to play games, watch videos, and use social media.
- 9.1 Inches to 11 inches- This size is ideal for professional users who need a tablet for multitasking. The larger screen allows you to play games, work on documents, and read books while doing other usual activities.
- More than 11 inches- These are quite large, nearly the size of smaller laptops. Always get tabs with a screen size larger than 11 inches if you want to use them as an extension of your PC or laptop. You can work with documents, edit videos and images with professional tools and play games.
If you intend to buy a tablet for your child or a teenager, a tablet of size nine to eleven inches is ideal. The larger screen will allow them to watch content and read comfortably for hours without eye issues.
5. Display Quality
A tab with great features but a lacklustre display is not great. If the display is gloomy, you will not get the best user experience and may even miss out on essential details. Higher resolution offers vivid images with better details. Full HD or at least HD displays are recommended due to their image quality. Experts recommend getting a tab with a minimum resolution of 1280×800 pixels for a decent user experience.
Tablets come with different methods for internet connectivity. Many tablets have a slot for SIM Cards to access the internet. These tablets can also function as a smartphone.
But, most of the tablets come with wifi and Bluetooth connectivity options for accessing the internet.
7. Battery Life
Battery life is essential to use the tablet for hours without interruption. Entry tablets have a battery power of 4000mah that lasts six to seven hours.
Higher models have 5000 to 600 mAH battery power lasting more than seven to eight hours. Such advanced batteries also require less frequent charging. Per our advice, getting a tablet with a fast charging facility is better.
Warranty is important for any electronic gadget. It gives you some security and peace of mind and offers support for the device falters. Most tablets come with one year of a comprehensive warranty. Some brands even offer extended warranties against some extra charge. While buying, always check the warranty clause and the method to avail of the service.
Tablets Under $100 FAQs
Ans: Brands like Amazon and Pritom. IIWEGGO, TJD, etc., offer affordable tablets with great features. But, most brands today offer cheaper models for buyers.
Ans: Yes, many tablets are priced under $1-0 and are exclusively designed for gamers.
Ans: Yes, many brands offer high-resolution and HD screen tablets under $100.
Ans: Yes, all of the tablets under this range support video calls.
Most brands now offer good quality tabs under $100 to cater to a wide range of consumers. We have created this guide with top tablets under $100. Here is the final verdict-
- Best Tablets for Children- YinoChe, Pritom, QunyiCO, Coopers,
- Best for Regular Usage- IWEGGO, PRITOM. TJD, YQSAVIOUR, AMAZON FIRE
- Best for Gaming and Heavy Use and Pocket Friendly- Lenovo, Hyundai, IWEGGO, YQSAVIOUR, TJD
You can check out the buying guide to get a clear idea about getting started for shopping1.