Night driving glasses that help to have clear vision at night while driving or cycling. With yellow-tinted lenses, night vision sunglasses can help you see clearly and identify objects in dim light.
Some of them have a special anti-reflective coating, while some of them offer protection against UV rays. There’s no shortage of options when it comes to purchasing night driving glasses online. Only the best will help you drive safely and improve your vision in low-light settings.
The following features you must have in your night glasses:
- Lens: Make sure that your driving glasses have polarized lenses. Polaroid lenses prevent the blue lights from headlights and streetlights. They lessen the glare and reduce eye strain. Also, make sure your lenses are anti-reflective coated.
- Tint: Stick to basic yellow-tinted lenses for your night driving lenses. Lenses are tinted yellow for a reason. Yellow is the color that is best at neutralizing the effects of blue lights and filters out scattered light. The color yellow also diffuses scattered lights and improves vision in low-light settings.
- Material: For the lens material, stick to a triacetate cellulose lens. For the frame, you can choose any but avoid plastic if you can as they are more prone to scratches and daily wear and tear. TR 90 frames are both durable and flexible. The metal alloy is also a good choice, but it can make the frame heavy.
In this article, we are enlisting the best night driving glasses for you. There are a few more factors to consider while purchasing night driving glasses. Read our “Buying Guide” on how to choose the best night-driving glasses to know more about them.
Best Night Driving Glasses Table
Best Night Driving Glasses Review
1. Bokewy Night Driving Glasses
The Bokey night driving glasses is our top pick on the list thanks to its quality. Featuring a polycarbonate frame, the Bowkey night driving glasses are exceptionally lightweight, shatterproof, and durable.
They feature polarized triacetate cellulose lenses to minimize the glare coming from car headlights. Treated with anti-glare technology, these glasses with yellow tint help to reduce light which causes eye strain. The polarized pair of lenses can block sharp glare coming from headlights and streetlights for an improvised focus during driving.
Even they have this scratch-resistant coating that makes it incredibly easy to maintain. The lens width is 56 mm while the frame length is 146 mm and they will fit and enhance almost all face shapes. It even comes with a sturdy case to protect the frames from damage.
Bowkey is so sure of their quality that they can offer a 90 days money-back guarantee and a lifetime warranty. The pack includes a polarized test card so that you can make sure the lenses are indeed polarized. This particular frame has a floral pattern but you have the option to choose from 10 different styles. Unfortunately, they are not a good fit for people who wear prescription glasses.
- Polarized lens
- Anti-glare technology
- Anti-scratch coating
- Made of polycarbonate
- Frame length 146 mm
- Extremely durable polycarbonate frame
- Scratch resistant
- Polarized frames
2. URUMQI Night Driving Glasses
These night driving glasses from URUMQI are perfect for those who wear prescription glasses. These clip-on glasses can be worn over your regular night-sighted or reading glasses. People with contact lenses or normal vision can also wear these.
The lens is made of cellulose and has a polarized yellow tint with an anti-reflective coating that minimizes glare caused by headlights and bright street lights. The yellow color tint improves night vision, and relieves eye strain making night driving safer.
Made from TR90 material, these frames are incredibly durable, comfortable, and lightweight. TR90 frames are flexible, and hence they can contour to your face for maximum comfort. These flexible frames are also resilient to damage and wear and tear. Moreover, they feature comfortable recessed nose pads and non-slip end tips to make night driving safe and comfortable.
We love the wrap-around design which fits the eye perfectly and keeps your eyes and face protected. Large front lenses provide greater coverage, while side lenses help with better peripheral vision and anti-glare protection. These anti-glare classes can be worn in any low-light conditions for improved clarity under fog, rain, and cloudy weather.
- Polarized yellow tinted lens
- Anti-glare coating
- TR90 frame material
- Wrap-around design
- Frame length 155 mm
- Flexible and shatterproof
- Comes With air holes to avoid fogging
- Non-slip rubber outer cover
- Ergonomic design
- Glare is reduced not completely eliminated
3. B BLOOMOAK Night Driving Glasses
Featuring a classic Italian design, these frames from B Bloomoak can help you reflect glares from blinding headlights and bright streetlights.
They have come up with anti-glare and anti-reflective polarized lenses that filter out dazzling glare from entering your eyes. The soft yellow tinted glasses also enhance the color contrast, so things appear much clearer than ordinary night glasses. Adding to these, the lenses feature UV 400 protection that reflects 99% of the UV rays.
The frames are made of lightweight metal alloy and are shatterproof. Moreover, they have anti-slip silicone tips and skin-friendly adjustable nose pads that fit different nose bridge heights. It’s a semi-frame design that a lot of people prefer.
In fact, they feature spring legs that relieve pressure on both sides of the frame for a more comfortable fit. The only downside is that they are not a perfect fit for people who use prescription glasses.
- Polarized light yellow tinted glasses
- UV protected
- Cellulose lens
- Metal frame
- Adjustable nose pads
- Frame length 5.67-inch
- Silicone comfortable nose pads
- UV protection
- Shatterproof and scratch proof
- Not appropriate for those who wear prescription glasses
4. Ontel Night Driving Glasses
Ontel night sight night driving glasses will help you see clearly with anti-reflective coated lenses that block oncoming headlights and street lights. These full-coverage glasses fit right over your prescription glasses. Even people with normal eye power can wear them.
They feature side lenses for a clear glare-free peripheral vision. Moreover, these anti-glare lenses also reduce glare from LED and halogen lights. The frame is made from plastic and hence, it’s so affordable. They also feature non-slip nose pads and come with a protection anti-scratch microfiber case.
Talking about the quality of these lenses, they reduce glare but cannot completely eliminate it. It’s obvious because of its price tag. However, they are still a great choice if you are tight on budget. They still manage to reflect glare to some degrees.
- Anti-reflective coated lens
- Side lenses for peripheral vision
- Anti-slip nose pad
- Optical polarized lenses
- Comfortable to wear
- Has peripheral lenses
5. ZILLERATE Night Driving Glasses
Zillerate night driving glasses with anti-glare HD vision technology help you see through glare by blocking blue light effects. You may think that the glasses are blue, but, like any other night driving glasses, they are also tinted light yellow.
Made of TR90 these frames are incredibly lightweight and shatterproof. The frame itself weighs only 24 grams and with the simple clip-on design, they easily fit over prescription glasses. The tough and flexible TR90 frame construction is built to hold up against any type of impact. These are basically unbreakable night-driving glasses.
Adding to these, the frames feature UV 400 technology that blocks almost 99% of the UV rays making them an ideal choice for both daytime and nighttime. Unlike other plastic frames, these don’t slip off or dig into your nose. They snugly fit on your temples and don’t fall off while driving. Another bonus point, they come with a hard carrying case.
- Anti-glare HD vision technology
- Triacetate cellulose lens
- TR90 frame
- UV 400 protection
- Frame size: 140 mm
- UV protection
- Carrying case
6. KastKing Night Driving Glasses
The polarized night driving glasses from Kastking are designed for driving in low-light conditions. Be it rain, fog, or nighttime driving, with these anti-glare triacetate lenses you will become less challenging.
These yellow-tinted anti-glare lenses reduce the glare and reflection caused by oncoming traffic and bright street light so you don’t get temporarily blind. The triacetate cellulose lenses are designed to increase visual clarity and reduce eye strain for improved low-light and nighttime vision.
As far as the construction goes, made of Grilamid material which is commonly used by the military, these frames are super lightweight, and flexible. Not only are these heat and UV-resistant, but the Kastking polarized lenses are also technically indestructible. Their classic design is ideal for both men and women.
Adding to these, these frames come with a hardshell carrying case plus an additional microfiber pouch. The only drawback is there’s no more color option. So, you get to pick black or nothing at all.
- Made of Grilamid material
- Yellow tinted polarized lenses
- Anti-glare triacetate cellulose lenses
- Heat and UV resistant
- Carry case with a microfiber pouch
- Frame size: 5.2 inches
- Rugged and flexible
- Resistant to heat
- Microfiber pouch
- Cannot cut daytime glare
- Available only in one color
7. BLUPOND Night Driving Glasses
The BLUPOND night vision glasses feature a classic Italian style. These yellow-tinted night driving glasses with HD blue-light polarized lenses protect your eyes from the harmful effects of blue lights in any setting.
With their light-neutralizing technology, the BLUPOND nighttime driving glasses protect your eyes from fatigue caused by various sources such as headlight glare, bright street light, and UV rays. Their yellow-tinted glasses with HD blue-light filters reduce the effects of harsh blue lights for improved vision in low-light conditions at all seasons.
They feature a sturdy metal frame with polycarbonate lenses which are lightweight and durable at the same time. The frame weighs merely 35 grams, including the metal rims. They have comfortable, rubberized nose pads that fit comfortably on your nose and don’t dig into the skin as the plastic ones do.
The polycarbonate ultra-thin lenses with sturdy metal frames are practically shatterproof and made to withstand drops, knocks, and squishes. These frames are worn by mountaineers, skiers, bikers, shooters, and so on. A bonus point, they come with a hardshell carry case, microfiber cloth, and a screwdriver to adjust minor changes. The best part is you get 12 months of warranty.
- Anti-reflective polarized lenses
- Metal frame with rubberized nose pads
- Blue-light filter with UV protection
- Anti-glare coating
- Frame size: 5.8 inches
- Polycarbonate shatterproof lens
- Tough metal frame
- Rubberized nose pads
- Can fit over prescription lenses
- A wide frame not ideal for small face structures
- Can feel little light on the temples
8. OPTIX Night Driving Glasses
If you are on a tight budget then Optox polarized lenses are a great choice. With over nine hundred reviews this is one of the most popular budget options available online.
These light yellow tinted night driving glasses feature HD technology that filters out blue light and reduces eye strain caused by high-beam lights. These are polarized lenses with Revo coating that are designed to minimize glare and distracting reflections while tightening the visual area during low-light conditions. They work great against blinding sun making them ideal for both day and nighttime driving.
Talking about the design, these wayfarers feature a plastic frame and plastic lens hence, you get this at half the price of others. But the plastic quality is good. In fact, it has a rubber finish so that it doesn’t fall off during driving. The material is super lightweight and can be worn over prescription lenses.
All in all, you get polarized night-driving glasses at an unbelievable price. The build quality might not be great, but it does what it’s supposed to do, reduce headlight glare and eye fatigue.
- Anti-glare yellow tinted glasses
- Revo coated polarized lens
- Rubber frame
- Frame size: 139.7 mm
- Can be worn over prescription lens
- Wayfarer style suits both men and women
- Plastic frame and plastic lens
9. SODQW Night Driving Glasses
If you are a fan of classic aviator style night driving glasses then SODQW is a great choice. The high-definition triacetate cellulose lenses have an anti-reflective coating that reduces glare and diffuses scattering light.
It improves vision clarity by brightening up the visual area in low-light conditions be it rain, fog, or poor lighting making driving safer. They feature an anti-glare full UV400 protection lens and block 99% of both UVA and UVB rays. The HD-quality polarized lenses were designed to weaken the strong light stimulus coming from vehicles but not to completely eliminate the stimulus which could cause even more danger.
The frame is made of high-quality metal alloy, it’s antioxidant plated to prevent oxidation plus it’s rugged and made to withstand drops, dings, and dents. Adding to this, it features flexible spring arms to fit different-sized faces. The arms can stretch out for up to 15 degrees which makes sure of your comfort of wearing and prevents falling off while driving.
Even though it’s a metal frame, it’s very lightweight. The adjustable silicone nose pads ensure a snug but secure fit. The flexible spring arms add to the versatility of these night-driving glasses.
- HD polarized lenses
- Triacetate cellulose lens
- Metal frame, anti-oxidant coated
- Spring hinges with adjustable nose pads
- UVA, UVB protection
- Fame size: 145 mm
- Classic aviator style
- Effectively reduce glare
- Antioxidant coated metal frame
- Multiple frame color available
- Small frame size not ideal for big structured faces
10. NOVATICA Night Driving Glasses
The NOVATICA night driving glasses feature a stylish sports design ideal for both men and women.
They feature anti-glare polarized lenses with HD technology that protect your eyes from several harmful effects such glare from oncoming vehicles, blue-light effects and reflection from shiny objects. Made with TR90 material these lenses are shatterproof and scratchproof, a lot better deal than both plastic and polycarbonate.
These polarized lenses with UV ray protection are designed to reduce eye strain and improve clarity, colors, and visual effects in bright daylight as well as in low-light conditions. We love the design as it snugly fits over your prescription glasses. It even features an anti-slip temple and soft nose pads which don’t have a plastic feel.
It comes with a protective hardshell case, a cloth pouch, and a microfiber cleaning cloth. These are not coated with Revo or mirror layers to increase their visibility in low-light settings.
- Triacetate cellulose lens
- HD polarized
- TR 90 frame material
- UV 400 protection
- Frame size: 140 mm
- Anti-slip temple and soft nose pads for better comfort
- Reduces glare effectively
- Fits over prescription glasses
- The case is very big and bulky
11. DBWEAR Night Driving Glasses
Those of you who want an affordable pair of night driving glasses can also consider this one. These night driving glasses from DBWEAR feature polarized typical yellow tinted lenses with 7 layers of composite system.
It’s a great option for those who wear prescription glasses as these wrap around comfortably and have a flip-up system. So you don’t need to take off your glasses. These are plastic lenses with plastic frames but their quality is decent and these won’t scratch your prescription glasses.
They are capable of reducing glare and reflections as many customers are satisfied with the results. These even work in rain and fog and have two side lenses for peripheral view.
Even people with normal vision can wear them with contact lenses. We love the classic sports design ideal for both men and women. DBWEAR is so sure of their quality that they can offer a 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Plastic frame
- Plastic lens
- Polarized lenses
- Side lens for peripheral view
- Frame size: 150 mm
- Anti-skid arms
- Study but soft nose pads
- Easily fits over prescription glasses
- Not UV protected
- Not good for daytime wear
12. FEISEDY Night Driving Glasses
Another pair of classic aviator style driving glasses. The FEISEDY night driving glasses feature a triacetate cellulose lens with a metal alloy frame.
This is not a typical yellow-tinted lens, it’s a dual-tone greenish yellow-tinted lens which is appropriate for both day and nighttime driving. The lightweight frame is adjustable and has spring hinges which are ergonomically designed to fit snugly yet securely on your nose and temples.
The high-definition polarized frames reduce glare and improve sharpness and clarity. It diminishes the glare coming from bright headlights and streetlights for safe driving. Moreover, the style is such that it can be worn for night hunting, cycling and motorcycling as well.
It’s affordable but offers UV-ray protection. It’s one of the most stylish pairs of aviator night driving glasses that you see online.
- Triacetate cellulose lens
- Metal frame
- Polarized with UV protection
- Adjustable frame with spring hinges
- Soft nose pads
- Fits comfortably
- Effectively reduces the glare at night as well as in daytime
- Cannot be worn over prescription glasses
Best Night Driving Glasses Buying Guide
The best quality night driving glasses should have a comfortable fit, clarity and high-quality lenses that can reduce glare. Night-driving glasses should have polarized lenses with an anti-reflective coating. Most Night driving glasses are yellow-tinted because of a reason.
These glasses won’t make you look like a glaucoma sufferer, and we have included a fair number of great, effective, and stylish-looking night-driving glasses for you.
However, you need to take care of a few factors when it comes to buying the best night driving glasses.
- Lenses: As it is a concern of the eyes, glasses should always have great lenses. Just like computer glasses made of blue ray-protected lenses, polarized lenses are perfect for night driving glasses because they prevent the horizontal blue light coming from cars, traffic, and headlights. Everyone can benefit from using polarised night driving glasses since they lessen glare while driving at night. You can also choose UV-protected lenses that make it ideal for both day and nighttime driving.
- Tint: While driving at night, a number of artificial lights, such as headlights, traffic, and streetlights, blur our vision. Tinted eyewear helps lessen the blinding glare. Most of the Night Driving glasses are yellow-tinted as yellow is the colour that neutralizes and filters scattered blue lights the best. Additionally, yellow-tinted lenses help improve vision and clarity by reducing glare.
- Material: Make sure you choose a good quality material for the lenses. Look for triacetate cellulose lenses for more clarity and protection. Avoid plastic lenses if you can. For the frame, there are many options such as polycarbonate, metal, TR90, metal alloy, and more. TR90 frames are durable, flexible, and technically indestructible. The metal alloy is also a good choice, but it can make the frame heavy. Avoid plastic frames as they are more prone to scratches.
- Fit: Finding a perfect fit for your eyes is really important. No one wants to adjust their glasses all the time while driving, especially for long drives, and get distracted by it. A too-tight fit may give you a headache, and a too-loose fit will be uncomfortable. Ideal glasses are those that lightly cling to your head. Look at the product description and find out the frame size. In our list, we have frames that measure 139mm to 155 mm. Choose a size that’s appropriate for your face shape and size.
- Nose Pad: One of the necessary glasses accessories that assure proper fit is a nose pad. It prevents your glasses from falling and lessens the pressure on your nose bridge. The materials used in some nasal pads prevent them from providing the comfort that users expect. You can wind up with a headache, bruises on the skin, and pressure on the nose from plastic pads. Whereas the Silicone pad feels softer and more delicate on the skin.
- Clarity: Getting a night driving glass is because you want to enhance your vision and clarity. Heavily tinted glasses might make it harder to see well at night and in low-light situations. Before buying a glass, make sure it is anti-reflecting. Lenses with an anti-reflective coating reduce the reflection of light through lenses and enhance glare reduction.
- Carry Case: It’s important that your night driving glasses come with a carry case so that they don’t get scratched. Make sure it’s a hardshell case and not a cloth pouch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: Night driving glasses are treated with anti-glare and anti-reflection technology, which reduces the glare from oncoming traffic and bright streetlights. They are recommended to people with photosensitive eyes as night driving glasses can disable the reflection and scattering light coming from bright light sources.
Ans: Most night driving glasses are yellow-tinted because yellow is the most effective color, which neutralizes and filters out the blue light scattered from oncoming vehicles and street lights. The color yellow is also better at creating contrast and sharp images in low-light conditions.
Ans: Night driving glasses that are yellow-tinted can help you see better at night. They are best for driving at night since they reduce glare and enhance color contrast in low-light settings. Night-driving glasses don’t need a prescription. Most of the night driving glasses are anti-reflective coated and polarized.
Ans: There are clip-on night driving glasses or wrap-around night driving glasses that will fit right over your prescription glasses. The size of these glasses will vary depending on the size of your prescription glasses.
Ans: Polarized lenses that are yellow-tinted can reduce glare while driving at night. Without the yellow tint, a regular polarized lens with filters to block the blue light can actually cause a dimmer and less accurate vision at night. So, for driving at night, choose polarized lenses that are yellow-tinted.
Ans: Most night-driving glasses have frames sized between 140mm to 155mm. You should find the right measurement in the product description page. Now to make sure it fits your face right, measure the length between your two temples and multiply the number by 10 to get the measurement in mm. Now compare the number with the frame length to get the perfect fit.
Make sure your night driving glasses are polarized, and anti-reflective coated because it’s a concern of your eyes. Make sure it comfortably fits your face size.
Buying online can be difficult, but we have included the frame size of each and every frame. To measure your night driving glasses, take a regular sunglass or prescription glasses that rightly fits you then measure the frame length between your two temples and compare with the size of the night driving glass you like. You should also look for comfortable nose pads, avoid plastic nose pads if you can. Lastly, a hardshell carry case would be wonderful to keep your glasses safe and scratch-proof.
- If you are happy with an affordable option with lots of color choices, then you should definitely go for the Bokewy Night Driving Glasses. These yellow-tinted polarized glasses have triacetate cellulose lenses with an anti-reflective coating. The polycarbonate frame is durable, comfortable, and scratch-proof. It also comes with a hardshell carry case for your convenience.
- If you wear prescription lenses then you can consider any of these depending on your budget. The URUMQI Night Driving Glasses are an affordable option that will easily fit over your prescription glasses. And it has an amazing rating too. They feature polarized yellow-tinted lenses with an anti-reflective coating and a TR90 frame material that is flexible and practically indestructible.
- Or, you can choose the Kastking Night Driving Glasses which are a little on the higher price side. The feature triacetate polarized lenses with anti-glare technology. The frame material Grilamid is a military-grade material that is flexible, comfortable, and technically indestructible. They are also UV and high heat-resistant. They also come with a hardshell carry case and a microfiber cleaning cloth.
- If you are a fan of classic Italian-style glasses then go for B BLOOKMAK Night Driving Glasses. They have an anti-reflective polarized lens which reduces glare and enhances color and clarity. The lightweight metal alloy frame is shatterproof. Moreover, they have skin-friendly nose pads which comfortably fit on your nose. They are also UV ray protected.