The new generation of computer hardware components can deliver optimum performance for several hours. This performance eventually results in overheating of the PC components, affecting its overall performance. The liquid coolers are thereby used to prevent conditions like thermal throttling. Most of the liquid coolers are blacked out or dark-colored. The white liquid CPU coolers were launched to fulfill the need for lighter colors.
The white liquid CPU coolers have a similar performance to their blacked-out counterparts. The only noticeable difference is the certain aesthetic look it provides. Even with a different appearance, the performance of white liquid coolers depends on various factors.
- Noise Level: A CPU cooler consists of various rotating components like the coolant pump, fan, etc. The noise created by the cooling is higher than other components, due to a higher rotational speed. This noise further increases when the CPU is running at its extreme capacities. Hence, the liquid cooler’s noise level is designed to be lower even at higher speeds. Typically, this noise level does not go beyond the 35 dB limit.
- Material: Material plays an important role in liquid coolers due to the heat transfer process. Properties like the material’s thermal conductivity allow heat absorption from the CPU lid. Due to direct contact between the cooler plate and the CPU lid, a good conductor of heat is needed. Hence, materials like Aluminum and Copper are widely used for liquid CPU coolers.
- Compatible Sockets: To mount the CPU cooler perfectly with the CPU socket, both need to be compatible with each other. Various sockets have different mounting lengths due to the variation in size. The cooler pate and CPU must be mounted parallel with precision. Mismatched sockets cause uneven placement of the cooler over the CPU. The Intel LGA and AMD AM sockets are most commonly used.
You can select the right product for your PC setup by understanding these factors. Every user needs good performance with different budgets. To make it easier for selecting the best white liquid CPU cooler, we have compiled a list of the best options. It is further divided into three sections: budget, mid-range, and high-end to help users of all budget segments. A “Buying Guide” is also provided to explain a few important factors and thereby assist your selection process.
Best White Liquid CPU Coolers Table
Best White Liquid CPU Coolers Reviews
1. NZXT White Liquid CPU Cooler
For the high-end segment, our first unit comes from NZXT. Known for its consumer-centric products, NZXT has gained the trust of all types of consumers. Its product range offers a wide range of customization, making it simple for users to make their PC systems.
The NZXT Kraken Z63 RGB White Liquid CPU Cooler is tuned for excellent performance. This unit features a 280 mm radiator which allows a large surface for heat transfer. With the help of a pair of 140mm fans, fresh air is circulated over the radiator. Even at a speed of 1800 RPM, it produces over 33 dB of noise levels to ensure the surrounding peace is not disturbed. This cooler setup easily runs on a normal 12 V power supply.
It is compatible with the Intel LGA 1700 and AMD AM5 sockets. It also has a built-in 2.36-inch LCD screen that can be customized to show useful data or images. The functions of the cooler can be controlled with the help of CAM V4 software. Fitted with customizable RGB lights, the color combination gives an aesthetic treatment to the CPU cooler.
- Features a 280 mm radiator
- A pair of 140 mm cooling fans with dynamic bearings
- A maximum noise level of 33 dB
- The maximum operating speed of 1800 RPM
- A built-in 2.3-inch 20-bit color LCD screen to display real-time information
- CAM V4 software to monitor the cooler and control its functions
- Compatible with Intel sockets: LGA 1700, 1200, etc
- Compatible with AMD AM4 and AM5 sockets
- It offers customizable LEDs with custom image or GIFs display
- The fans have a chamfered intake which reduces overall operational noise
- It comes with a 6 years warranty
- It is priced higher than other liquid coolers.
2. Thermaltake White Liquid CPU Cooler
The second product in the high-end segment comes from Thermaltake. As a manufacturer of computer hardware components, it offers various cooling solutions for PC systems. By maintaining high quality, the products show good durability.
The Thermaltake TH360 ARGB Snow Edition Liquid CPU Cooler is designed to handle extreme temperatures. This unit features a bigger 360 mm radiator which offers a large surface area for heat transfer. The three 120 mm cooling fans produce an airflow of 59.28 CFPM, to quickly cool down the heated liquid. Running at a speed of 2500 RPM, the fans produce a noise level of 28.2 dB. The low-profile pump circulates coolant over the copper plate for effective cooling.
The cooler is connected to a 12 V power supply via a 3-pin connector. It features ARGB lights which illuminate the color with 7 light modes and 8 preset colors. To ensure perfect mourning of the cooler with CPU plate, it is compatible with a wide range of sockets including the latest Intel LGA 1700 and AMD AM5.
- Features a 360 mm radiator
- Copper base plate to absorb CPU heat
- Three 120 cooling fans that produce an airflow of 59.28 CFPM
- The maximum rotational speed of 2500 RPM
- An operational noise level of 28.2 dB
- 12 V power supply connectivity via a 3-pin connector
- Bulti-in ARGB lights with 8 preset colors and 7 light modes
- Compatible Intel sockets: LGA 1700,1200, 1150, 1151, 1155, and 1156
- Compatible AMD sockets: AM5, AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2, and FM3
- It offers the largest radiator in the segment
- A wide range of customization in LED lights is offered
- The operational noise is low even when the three fans are running at the same time
- The airflow rate per fan is low.
3. DeepCool White Liquid CPU Cooler
Our first midrange product comes from DeepCool, a brand known for its thermal solutions for PC systems. Its range of cooling products offers excellent performance along with assured quality.
The DeepCool LS520 WH Liquid CPU Cooler features a redesigned pump. With a microchannel design and a three-phase motor, the pump effortlessly circulates coolant from the copper plate to the radiator. The 240 mm aluminum radiator has a dense fin design to allow maximum heat dissipation. The pair of 120 mm cooling fans circulate fresh air at the rate of 85.85 CFM to achieve heat dissipation of 280 W TDP. A 3-pin connector supplies 12 V power to this unit.
Running at a maximum speed of 3100 RPM, this cooler produces noise levels of 32.9 dB. The cooling pipes are 410 mm long to ensure the perfect placement of the cooler in the PC case. Compatibility with sockets like Intel LGA 1700 and AMD AM5 makes it easy to mount the cooler over the CPU plate. The radiator has a pressure-relief device to prevent leakage.
- Features a 240 mm Aluminum radiator
- A pair of 120 mm cooling fans circulating air at 85.85 CFM
- A redesigned pump mated with a three-phase motor
- The maximum rotational speed of 3100 RPM with 32.9 dB noise output
- Baseplate made up of copper
- Maximum heat dissipation of 280 W TDP
- 410 mm long cooling pipes
- Compatible Intel sockets including LGA 1700 and 1200
- Compatible AMD AM5 and AM4 sockets
- Additional features like a pressure relief valve and RGB lights
- 3-pin power connector to supply 12 V power
- It offers excellent heat dissipation with the help of a strong airflow
- The fans are fitted with fluid dynamic bearings which lower the overall noise at high speeds
- The pump allows efficient transfer of cooling fluid to the radiator, even at higher temperatures
- It does not come with software to control the RGB light pattern.
4. MSI White Liquid CPU Cooler
The next midrange cooler comes from MSI, a brand known for its innovative products for laptops and desktops. By adopting the latest technologies, it has developed products to match the needs of modern users.
The MSI MAG Core Liquid 240R V2 White Liquid CPU Cooler is one of the most silent units. This cooler features a 240 mm radiator with a built-in pump. With a ceramic bearing, the motor runs the pump for over 100,000 hrs. A pair of 120 mm fans are placed parallel to the radiator surface for quick removal of heat. Running at a maximum speed of 1800 RPM, the RGB-fitted fans produce a minimal noise level of 16.7 dB.
The cold plate of this liquid CPU cooler has a unique mounting, which allows it to turn up to 270 degrees. This feature helps perfectly mount the cold plate with the CPU lid. It comes with extension brackets to mount the cooler on the Intel LGA 1700 or AMD AM5 sockets.
- Features a 240 mm radiator with a built-in pump
- A pair of 120 mm cooling fans with built-in RGB lights
- The maximum rotational speed of 1800 RPM
- The operational noise level of 16.7 dB
- Cold plate with 270-degree rotation feature
- Compatible Intel sockets: LGA 1700, 1200, 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, LGA1366, LGA2011, LGA2011-3, and LGA2066
- Compatible AMD sockets: AM5, AM4, FM2+, FM2, FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, and AM2
- It is the most silent cooler on the list
- The ceramic bearing lasts long for 100,000 hrs thereby enhancing the durability of the pump
- It is one of the most affordable CPU coolers in the mid-range
- The RGB software sometimes gets glitchy.
5. CoolerMaster White Liquid CPU Cooler
For the budget segment, CoolerMaster offers class-leading thermal accessories. The products can be configured to a user’s needs with a wide range of customizations. It also maintains a standard quality of its products to assure durability.
The CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L RGB V2 White Liquid CPU Cooler offers decent performance with aggressive pricing. This cooler has a 3rd gen dual chamber pump that efficiently circulates coolant to the 240 mm radiator. The pair of 120 mm cooling fans force air over the radiator surface to exchange the heat with fresh air. Running at a higher speed of 2200 RPM, this unit produces over 30 dB noise levels.
By using EPDM material, sealing of the cooler is done to avoid any leakage. With a TDP rating of 260 Watts, the cooler can run on a 12 V power supply. It is fitted with RGB lights which offer a colorful look to the PC case. With the help of mounting extensions, this cooler can be fitted with the Intel LGA 1700 or AMD AM5 sockets.
- Features a 240 mm radiator
- 3rd gen pump with dual-chamber design
- A pair of 120 mm fans
- The maximum rotational speed of 2200 RPM
- Operational noise level of 30 dB
- Seals made up of EPDM material
- TDP rating of 260 Watts
- Compatible AMD sockets: AMD AM5, AM4, AM3 plus, AM3, AM2 plus, AM2, FM2 plus, FM2, and FM1
- Compatible Intel sockets: LGA 1700, 1200, 1151, 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2066, 2011-v3, and 2011
- One of the most silent coolers in the budget segment
- The RGB lights can be easily controlled and customized
- It comes with a 2 years warranty
- The cooling plate does not come with a rotation feature.
6. Vetroo White Liquid CPU Cooler
Known for its gaming-oriented products, Vetroo produces thermal solutions for the budget segment. The products are tested for various conditions to deliver a long-lasting solution for the PC systems.
The Vetroo V240 White Liquid CPU Cooler features PWM cooling fans. This feature enables the pair of 120 mm fans to run at both fixed and variable speeds. These fans run at a speed of 1800 RPM to create an airflow of 52 CFM. The air is then directed over the larger 240 mm radiator for heat exchange. Even with the combined running of the pump and the fans, the cooler creates a noise output of only 30.8 dB.
It has a maximum heat dissipation of 250 W TDP. A 12 V power supply powers the cooler via a 4-pin power connector. The RGB lights on the fan and pump are connected to the other board with a 5V 3-pin connector. With the dedicated controller, all the light can be controlled. The cooler is compatible with various CPU sockets including the latest Intel LGA 1700 and AMD AM5.
- Features a 240 mm radiator
- A pair of 120 mm cooling fans with a PWM feature
- Airflow of 52 CFM at a speed of 1800 RPM
- A maximum of 250 Watts TDP
- The maximum operational noise of 30.8 dB
- Connectivity to a 12 V power supply via a 4-pin connector
- Separate 3-pin connectors to connect RGB lights with a 5V supply
- Compatible AMD sockets: AM5, AM4, AM3+, AM2+, FM2+, and FM2
- Comptable Intel sockets: LGA 1700, 1200, 2066, 2011-3, 2011, 1156, 1155, 1151, and 1150
- It offers a good heat dissipation power
- The speed of fans can be kept constant or variable
- It supports older generations of sockets
- Some extension brackets need to be bought separately.
7. ID-COOLING White Liquid CPU Cooler
ID-cooling also manufactures a range of computer hardware components for the budget segment. Due to the ensured quality of its products, ID-cooling has become popular amongst PC enthusiasts.
The ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW X 240 Snow Liquid CPU Cooler offers the best cooling at a very lower price. This cooler has a 240 mm radiator where all the heat exchange takes place. The pair of 120 mm fans blow fresh air over the radiator to enable faster cooling of the liquid coolant. Air flows at a rate of 76.16 CFM which lowers the cooling time. Even at an operational speed of 1800 RPM, the fan produces a noise level of 35.2 dB.
The cooler is powered with a 12 V power supply to ensure uninterrupted cooling. The white LED lights illuminate the cooler and its surrounding area. It is compatible with various CPU sockets including the Intel LGA 1700 and AMD AM5.
- Features a 240 mm radiator
- The pair of 120 mm cooling fans
- Maximum airflow of 76.16 CFM at a speed of 1800 RPM
- The maximum operational noise of 35.2 dB
- Compatible with Intel sockets: LGA 1700/1200/2066/2011/1151/1150/1155/1156
- Compatible with AMD AM5 and AM4 sockets
- Built-in white LED lights
- Supports 12 V power supply
- It is the most affordable cooler in the budget segment
- It produces a good amount of airflow over the radiator
- The fan mountings are equipped with rubbers to reduce the transfer of vibration
- It does not come with colored LED lights.
Buying Guide For The Best White Liquid CPU Coolers
Liquid cooling systems have become an integral part of PC systems due to their better cooling performance. With the introduction of white liquid CPU coolers, users get a wider range of aesthetic units to choose from. We have already reviewed the detailed list of white liquid CPU coolers of every price segment. To select the right cooler for your PC, we must learn about a few governing factors.
1. Noise Level
Liquid CPU coolers have various components like cooling pumps and fans that run at higher operational speeds. The cooling fan produces the most noise among these components due to its speed (between 1500 to 2000 RPM). To reduce the overall nose of a liquid cooler, the fans are designed for silent operations. To avoid the fan from running at high speed when it’s not needed, the fans are equipped with speed control features. When the CPU runs at higher loads, the dynamic bearing of fans keeps the overall noise under 35 dB level. Hence, a fan will operate very quickly and still produce a nose equivalent to human whispers.
Material plays an important role in the overall working of a liquid CPU cooler. When the baseplate of the cooler is kept near the CPU lid, heat exchange happens. As the baseplate absorbs heat, the cooling liquid is heated, This heated liquid is then passed through the radiator for cooling. Here, both the material of a radiator and baseplate allow heat absorption. Hence, these parts are made up of materials that are good conductors of heat. Usually, the baseplate is made up of Copper to absorb heat from the CPU efficiently. The radiator is made up of Aluminum due to its thermal conduction property and overall strength. Multi-layered rubber or plastic is used for the cooling pipes to avoid coolant leakage.
3. Compatible Sockets
There are different types of sockets used for various CPUs. Due to the difference in the size of these sockets, the motherboard offers different mourning positions. This mounting plays a crucial role in placing the liquid cooler perfectly over the CPU. Hence, compatibility of the cooler with sockets is important to prevent misaligned mounting. The Intel motherboard uses LGA sockets like 1700, 1200, 1151, or 2011. The AMD motherboard has AM series sockets, including the latest AM5 and AM4 or the older AM2 and FM1 series. Due to the different sizes of sockets, liquid coolers are usually offered with extensions. These extensions can fit with older generations of the socket and allow the coolers made for new-gen sockets to be mounted.
4. Power Connector Type And Voltage
Like any electrical item, the white liquid CPU coolers need a power supply to run. A power connector is used to connect the cooler to a power supply. This power connector is further connected to the motherboard or a PSU, where it draws power. The power connectors have various types with a different number of pins and serve specific applications. For the liquid coolers, Molex connectors or SATA connectors are used. By using the 3-pin or 4-pin configuration, a power of 12 V DC is supplied to the liquid cooler. The availability of a dedicated power socket for coolers on a motherboard must be checked.
The operational speed of a liquid cooler’s fan is measured in rotation per minute (RPM). The overall speed of the cooling fan is an important parameter for a cooler’s performance. When heated coolant is supplied to the radiator, the fan has to circulate air over the radiator surface to initiate heat transfer. When the CPU is running at lower loads, very less heat is generated. Similarly, the CPU creates more heat at higher loads. The fan adjusts its rotational speed with reference to the heating of the radiator. For lower loads, it operates at 1500 RPM and goes up to 2500 RPM for higher loads. Few high-end coolers offer a maximum speed of 3000 RPM too.
A warranty is an important factor or feature when it comes to white liquid CPU coolers. Being an electrical product, the brand has to guarantee a certain quality for the cooler. A warranty period ensures the user with the replacement and repair of the damaged product. It allows the user to confidently buy the liquid cooler without worrying about breakdowns. Replacement under the warranty period is usually done when the product does not perform well. It is important for a user to check the repairs and damages covered in the warranty. Few brands offer an extension over the warranty period with additional charges. The liquid coolers come with a warranty period of 3 to 5 years.
White Liquid CPU Coolers FAQs
Ans: When performance is concerned, the Thermaltake TH360 Liquid CPU Cooler is the best choice. With the help of a larger radiator, it can fit up to 3 cooling fans. As a result, excellent cooling of the CPU is achieved. Apart from a good performance, this cooler is priced aggressively to ensure the user gets to experience better cooling without emptying the pockets.
Ans: The ID-Cooling FROSTFLOW CPU cooler is the ideal choice for the budget segment. This liquid cooler performance on part with the other budget CPU coolers. With over 240 mm large radiators, it easily cools down the CPU. It is also fitted with LED lights to offer a better aesthetic at a lower price point.
Ans: With a lower possibility, a liquid CPU cooler can leak through various locations. Due to the heating of coolant, the cooling pipes experience pressure built up. Hence, cooling pipes use multiple layers of material to handle this pressure and avoid leakage. Also, the connectors and seals of the cooling piper are made up of materials that will not wear easily.
Ans: Any liquid CPU cooler’s lifespan depends on various factors like material quality, type of coolant, overall operational speed and temperature, etc. By referring to the user’s manual, the cooler can be properly installed for efficient cooling. The coolant must be checked and replaced in the prescribed time to avoid its degradation. With proper maintenance, the liquid coolers are known to work for 3 to 6 years.
White liquid CPU coolers have become popular as an alternative to dark/black coolers. With faster heat dissipation, these liquid coolers allow the CPU to run at extreme loads for a long time. This article includes a detailed list of the best white liquid CPU coolers from every budget segment. The buying guide and FAQ section further explains the importance of a few governing factors and answers any question related to the coolers. With the help of this discussion, we have selected our favorite CPU coolers from each segment.
- In the high-end segment, the Thermaltake White Liquid CPU Cooler is an ideal option. It is designed to handle high temperatures and has a larger 360 mm radiator. With three 120 mm cooling fans, it produces an airflow of 59.28 CFPM to efficiently cool the heated liquid. These fans run at a speed of 2500 RPM, creating a noise level of only 28.2 dB. The cooler runs on a 12 V power supply via a 3-pin connector. It also includes ARGB lights with a wide range of customization. The cooler is compatible with a variety of sockets, including the latest Intel LGA 1700 and AMD AM5 and thereby fits perfectly with various CPUs.
- The DeepCool White Liquid CPU Cooler outperforms other options for the midrange. It features a redesigned pump that circulates coolant from the copper plate to the radiator. The 240 mm aluminum radiator is parallel with a pair of 120 mm cooling fans. The air flows at a rate of 85.85 CFM to deliver a TDP of 280 Watts. The unit can be powered through a 12 V supply via a 3-pin connector. Running at a maximum speed of 3100 RPM only 32.9 dB of noise is produced. Longer cooling pipes and pressure-relief devices help in avoiding leakage. The cooler is compatible with a range of sockets, including the Intel LGA 1700 and AMD AM5.
- The ID-COOLING White Liquid CPU Cooler is the clear winner in the budget segment. This cooler comes with a 240 mm radiator and a pair of 120 mm fans placed in parallel. With an airflow of 76.16 CFM, the heat exchange process is accelerated. At an operational speed of 1800 RPM, the fan generates a noise level of 35.2 dB. It is powered with a 12 V power supply for uninterrupted cooling. The white LED lights add an aesthetic touch by illuminating the cooler and its surrounding area. The unit is compatible with a range of CPU sockets, including the Intel LGA 1700 and AMD AM5.